Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

post war etched dress bayonet?

Article about: Good evening. I was wondering how to tell if a dress bayonet was etched post war or during the war. I was looking through the sticky on the best of the worst fakes and I see several examples

Default post war etched dress bayonet?

Good evening. I was wondering how to tell if a dress bayonet was etched post war or during the war. I was looking through the sticky on the best of the worst fakes and I see several examples but do not know how to tell myself.

Thank You
    Matt

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement post war etched dress bayonet?
    P
    Many

Default Re: post war etched dress bayonet?

Place the photos on the forum.

Regards
    Vedran

Hi Milcolector,,, I will move this thread to the K98 forum,, you may post your photos there. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

post war etched dress bayonet?post war etched dress bayonet?post war etched dress bayonet?post war etched dress bayonet?
    Here are the photos. What concerns me most is that there is a biplane on the bayonet. I'd think that would be something for the luftwaffe. But why would the luftwaffe have an etched K98 dresss bayonet?

?

Etchings on bayonets are all post war rubbish.

Are they? I thought there were genuine examples known.

?

All the examples I have seen are post war, I don't think the Germans would deface there own bayonets during war time, but maybe there are a few real ones.

I think some dress bayonets are period etched but there are a lot of fakes.

Thats probably right. My understanding was that there were known pre -war dress bayonets with authentic etchings, but not war time ones. I agree that most of those you see are fakes, but is this one plausible? Its hard to see the quality of the etching but I think the writing says the right sort of thing.

Quote by MilitariaCollector View Post
    Etchings on bayonets are all post war rubbish.
    sorry you're wrong on that one

What would be the assessment on the one posted by Millcolletor84?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast