Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Probably a "dumb" question about my K98 bayonet...

Article about: Hello, this is Julekpl again and I have a somewhat "dumb" question due to my inexperience...I have a k98 bayonet, and it's the first one that I ever got. Getting to the point, I ha

Default Probably a "dumb" question about my K98 bayonet...

Hello, this is Julekpl again and I have a somewhat "dumb" question due to my inexperience...I have a k98 bayonet, and it's the first one that I ever got. Getting to the point, I have noticed that it has several eagles with the "214" markings under the the eagles. From what I have found, there are 7 of these markings throughout my bayonet. Is this something uncommon? I have taken off the grip too, which to my surprise contains the markings, and the grips have matching numbers with the bayonet, which are "3843". This is a 1937 "Gebr. Heller" bayonet with most of the blued finish. Was it common to have a matching grip number with the bayonet? And do most pre war k98 bayonets have so many eagles? Here are some pictures... Thanks, Julekpl

Probably a "dumb" question about my K98 bayonet...Probably a "dumb" question about my K98 bayonet...Probably a "dumb" question about my K98 bayonet...Probably a "dumb" question about my K98 bayonet...Probably a "dumb" question about my K98 bayonet...Probably a "dumb" question about my K98 bayonet...Probably a "dumb" question about my K98 bayonet...Probably a "dumb" question about my K98 bayonet...Probably a "dumb" question about my K98 bayonet...

- - Updated - -

Found two more eagles at the ends of the grips, making it 9 eagles all together.

Attachment 370795

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Probably a "dumb" question about my K98 bayonet...
    P
    Many

Default Re: Probably a "dumb" question about my K98 bayonet...

No such thing as a dumb question

Here you go:

Waffenamt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Do not ever feel afraid to ask a question no question here is a dumb one the only question that is dumb is one that is never asked. We all could learn something from someone that may have a question that none of us have ever heard. Nice bayo by the way.

Ray

Hi Jule,, no worry and never dumb,, when any type of question is asked it is because one does not know,, and with that the beginning of learning. No one person is born with knowledge. Bayonets are a little beyond my reach of understanding. There are others here that are more versed in this subject that will give you the best answer. One thing that I am comfortable with is that some of the numbers are matching,, which is good to see. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank you all. I have been in a few of these online ww2 collector websites, and some of which have the most highly strung members. I have quit 2 due to their rude members, but the people here are nice and helpful. I thank you all kindly