Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this real or a fake, any help appreciated

Article about: HI Newberry..Welcome to the forum. You will find the answers you need from our collecting members here with any type of edged collectable. Enjoy your stay Regards Larry

Default Is this real or a fake, any help appreciated

Dear All

I am very new to this and have only just started my collection and this is my first bayonet. Could anyone please tell me if this is a real dress bayonet or a copy.

I have looked on the internet but have not been able to find much information as to what to look for.

Thank you for any help.

Is this real or a fake, any help appreciatedIs this real or a fake, any help appreciatedIs this real or a fake, any help appreciated

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this real or a fake, any help appreciated
    P
    Many

Default Re: Is this real or a fake, any help appreciated

An original piece...no issues here, in my opinion.
    cheers, Glenn

Thank you Glenn, that is good news for me. How do you tell that or is it just experience that I will gain over time?
    Once again thank you for your post.
    Cheers Newberry

Looks good to me too, but I can't tell you what to look for I'm afraid. After a while repro stuff tends to look like a waxwork.

The only advice I would have is to stay away from the engraved/etched ones...they're mostly "embellished" originals...
    cheers, Glenn

Thank you both for your comments, I am pleased I have joined a friendly forum site. I am sure over time I will have more questions. I feel that this is going to be a steep learning curve and it will take a long time before I am able to even onsider giving anyone advice on the forum in return.
    Once again thank you both

Newberry

You are very welcome to the forum, I'm sure all the members here will be happy to help you again in the future.

Thank you

Welcome to the forum this bayonet is a nice example and is no doubt original !! with german bayonets are usually a very good field as reproductions are not as common as they are with medals and patches !! The only thing you need to watch out for are daggers of sa ss luft heer kriegs and red cross as their are loads of these fakes around also engraved examples are usually fakes !! Good luck with your bayonet hunting and always feel free to shoot me pm if you have a question about the forum or about a piece ! Good luck Sean

A very nice, mint bayonet
    Morris

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast