Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Sawbacks

Article about: Here is a couple of my favorite bayonets/sidearms. The one is a standard long Fire Police sidearm from Johann Leupold but it is a sawback. The other is a Unmarked long sawback for Feuerschut

?

Here is a couple of my favorite bayonets/sidearms. The one is a standard long Fire Police sidearm from Johann Leupold but it is a sawback. The other is a Unmarked long sawback for Feuerschutzpolizei. The copper Police sword type eagle has the wiggle you look for on an insignia attached to a grip like this. The hilt is unplated as it should be on these rarely seen bayonets.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sawbacks   Sawbacks  

Sawbacks   Sawbacks  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sawbacks
    P
    Many

That sawback Feuerschutzpolizei is a rare one.

Hard to find rarely seen indeed nice piece and complete! I missed one about five yrs ago haven't seen another since. timothy

?

I remember seeing only one at the SOS in the last 4-5 years and I don't think it was a sawback.

?

Love the sawback. Here is my Alcoso Short with an officer's portapee strap / knot. Carmine felt interior. Thanks to Billy for helping me identify the officer grade as I was unsure.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sawbacks   Sawbacks  

Sawbacks   Sawbacks  

"It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Some very high quality sawbacks! Rossi, you have a very nice website with some superb photo's, welcome to this forum!

Jim

?

Glad to be on here!

?

Hi Jim. Finally joined. Nice to meet you. Also thanks for your kind comment on the website. 30 years of collecting and trading up, etc...I had to get it in one spot. Took me 18 months to do myself and a few cocktails but I am 90% done. Course we know we will never be done.

Quote by Jim P View Post
    Some very high quality sawbacks! Rossi, you have a very nice website with some superb photo's, welcome to this forum!

Jim