Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Short Military bayonet with red insert, please help to ID

Article about: Thanks guys!

Default Short Military bayonet with red insert, please help to ID

Thanks guys!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Short  Military bayonet with red insert, please help to ID   Short  Military bayonet with red insert, please help to ID  

Short  Military bayonet with red insert, please help to ID   Short  Military bayonet with red insert, please help to ID  

Short  Military bayonet with red insert, please help to ID   Short  Military bayonet with red insert, please help to ID  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Short  Military bayonet with red insert, please help to ID
    P
    Many

Hi, looks to be German short dress bayonet.

Harry

Hi Twis !! Nice bayonet..standard dress bayonet. The Red felt buffer some say designates a certain branch of service..there is a color list around..which the bayo guys when they chime in..will provide it for you. Nice Find. Richard Herder is not a common maker . Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

It depends on who you ask about the inserts. It seems to me that they are fairly evenly split, some thinking they denote branch, others feel it was a personal choice. For those who believe it denotes branch of service, red is for artillery, green for jager, blue for justice. There are more but I don't remember them off the top of my head. Nice ks98 bayonet!

Jim

Nice KS98 in proper dress frog as stated appears to be short model or so called NCO although available to any solider that wanted one nice condition one. timothy

Very nice Herder short Dress Bayonet! Nice to see the frog with it as well!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Just my observation every one of the short Herder makes in KS98 I have encountered don't use the swell point but blade is same as the long model. I have a short Herder made same way. timothy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Short  Military bayonet with red insert, please help to ID   Short  Military bayonet with red insert, please help to ID  

Short  Military bayonet with red insert, please help to ID