Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Siegfried Waffen E. Pack & Sohne Solingen bayonet with P.R.8. stamp.

Article about: Can anyone help me identify this bayonet? Is it made from spare parts or a fake maybe? It was rusted and covered in goop when I got it. My father in law said his dad gave it to him. It appea

txdesertrat
    ?

Default Siegfried Waffen E. Pack & Sohne Solingen bayonet with P.R.8. stamp.

Can anyone help me identify this bayonet? Is it made from spare parts or a fake maybe? It was rusted and covered in goop when I got it. My father in law said his dad gave it to him. It appears to have been sanded or scrubbed roughly at some point but is otherwise in good condition other than dings. The only markings are those in the photo. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Siegfried Waffen E. Pack & Sohne Solingen bayonet with P.R.8. stamp.   Siegfried Waffen E. Pack & Sohne Solingen bayonet with P.R.8. stamp.  

Siegfried Waffen E. Pack & Sohne Solingen bayonet with P.R.8. stamp.   Siegfried Waffen E. Pack & Sohne Solingen bayonet with P.R.8. stamp.  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Siegfried Waffen E. Pack & Sohne Solingen bayonet with P.R.8. stamp.

Odd bayonet. They usually do not have a company logo on the blade,
    or a 'buffer pad'. It's possible that it was a private purchase piece,
    or a police bayonet. I am not familiar with the numbering,
    but there are others who will know.

It has been very heavily cleaned to the point where there is
    no original finish on the bayonet or scabbard.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Default Re: Siegfried Waffen E. Pack & Sohne Solingen bayonet with P.R.8. stamp.

Not the first one of these that I have seen mated together. The P.R.8. marking is typically associated with Spanish bayonets, and I am going to venture a guess that it’s a two piece Spanish copy of the 98 Mauser series bayonets (the M1943) that has been disassembled. Had the rivet punched or drilled out, with the process repeated on a German dress bayonet (which is also made in two pieces.) With the components from the two different bayonets then being adjusted to fit and re-riveted. (And the grip screws are backwards - but you also see that sometimes with badly reassembled German bayonets). Fred

txdesertrat
    ?

Thanks to both of you for the help. It makes you wonder about it's back story. I have another bayonet and I will post pics for it also. I still have no idea of their value but it really isn't important because I will be keeping them with some other military items from my grandfather, father, and myself. We have all served in combat and I hope to pass on an interest in history to my two boys. The history and stories of these objects fascinate me.

This is the other, also no original finish. I dont have the scabbard for it unfortunately. Would either of you feel comfortable with an estimated value for these peices? Again I want to thank you for your time and knowledge.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Siegfried Waffen E. Pack & Sohne Solingen bayonet with P.R.8. stamp.   Siegfried Waffen E. Pack & Sohne Solingen bayonet with P.R.8. stamp.  

Siegfried Waffen E. Pack & Sohne Solingen bayonet with P.R.8. stamp.   Siegfried Waffen E. Pack & Sohne Solingen bayonet with P.R.8. stamp.  

?

The second piece is a turkish M1935 bayonet, market value 25-30 Euro