Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Stamping on 84/98 3rd pat

Article about: Hello Guys ,I have a 84/98 bayonet ,asw 43 with the stamp of LZ 413 on the pommal end ,Has anyone a have a clue to what it stands for .I have previously posted this but would like further op

?

Default Stamping on 84/98 3rd pat

Hello Guys ,I have a 84/98 bayonet ,asw 43 with the stamp of LZ 413 on the pommal end ,Has anyone a have a clue to what it stands for .I have previously posted this but would like further opinions ,Thanks Paul.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stamping on 84/98 3rd pat  
    Attached Images Attached Images Stamping on 84/98 3rd pat  Stamping on 84/98 3rd pat  Stamping on 84/98 3rd pat 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stamping on 84/98 3rd pat
    P
    Many

Default Re: Stamping on 84/98 3rd pat

Hi Paul,,Im not sure what The "LZ" stands for but the bayonet guys here will give you a greater answer in detail. Be patient and I will keep your thread at the top until you get the answers you need! Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Paul check out this link for some information also.......I just created this thread for just such questions as collecting the bayonets has many questions with the help from past K98 threads and posted information. This thread will appear at the top of this forum.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...-codes-233978/
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks Larry,I.ll keep an eye on the thread,Regards Paul.

?

Well,if the brown frog is original to the bayonet that could mean it is Luftwaffe related,it could be for an air supply unit or...LuftZufuhr. Just a guess...Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Hello Pete ,You can never tell if the frog is original to the bayonet but the stamping is possibley something to do with the lufftwaffe i will investegate that avenue.Regards Paul.

Paul, Period unit markings on combat bayonets are a relative rarity during the time of the Third Reich, with perhaps the notable exceptions of commercial bayonets for the German Railway which indicated its ownership. The Deutschen Reichspost, or those German Army Waffenamted bayonets which went to the R.F.V. The cessation of property/inventory markings for the Kriegsmarine, with the Luftwaffe itself ceasing unit marking the bayonet frogs circa 1939 (the property markings themselves continued into 1940).

With most likely the reason being the same as to why the number of etched unit marked dress bayonets, and unit markings on dress blades for the Luftwaffe also tapered off. Which had to do with the mobilization, and the constant shifting of resources as units were formed and disbanded, and reformed to adjust to operational realities. With the Germans apparently being very reluctant to reinstate their earlier practice of canceling out old markings, and adding new ones (over and over again). So for now, the marking on the bayonet seems to be outside the scope of what has been previously encountered, and the 1943 and later timeframe IMO tending to be problematic. Best Regards, Fred

?

Thanks Guys ,The info is much appreciated and i think the marklngs are more than likely post war or at least the bayonet may have been used by another country at some point , I will see what turns up in the future,Thanks again ,Paul.

Quote by zwerge View Post
    Well,if the brown frog is original to the bayonet that could mean it is Luftwaffe related,it could be for an air supply unit or...LuftZufuhr. Just a guess...Pete.
    A bad joke???

Quote by zwerge View Post

Quote by DerStuermer View Post
    A bad joke???
    If the frog was marked I don't remember seeing a notation of same in the thread, believing it to be as stated a guess. With brown (or natural finish) frogs being a standard practice for the Luftwaffe through 1939, and changing to black in 1940. FP

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast