Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A Tired WKC parade bayonet.

Article about: Guys, The title gives it away, not much more to add, except the frog is intact as is the waffenfarbe (red). Arty. Regards Jock

Default A Tired WKC parade bayonet.

Guys,

The title gives it away, not much more to add, except the frog is intact as is the waffenfarbe (red). Arty.

Regards

Jock
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A Tired WKC parade bayonet.   A Tired WKC parade bayonet.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A Tired WKC parade bayonet.
    P
    Many

Default Re: A Tired WKC parade bayonet.

?

Looks good to me,I like it...
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Quote by jock auld View Post
    Guys,

The title gives it away, not much more to add, except the frog is intact as is the waffenfarbe (red). Arty.

Regards

Jock
    Hi, Jock !

Your dress bayonet isn´t thad bad ...

Note: this kind of frog-stud is typical for the maker WKC.

BTW, the red felt in the mortise doesn´t mean "Artillerie" !

Here´s another Extra-Seitengewehr from WKC-Waffenfabrik, Gesellschaft m. beschränkt. Haftung, Solingen-Wald

It shows the, so called, "Karabinerklinge", ("carbine-blade").

Rgds.,

R.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A Tired WKC parade bayonet.   A Tired WKC parade bayonet.  

A Tired WKC parade bayonet.   A Tired WKC parade bayonet.  

R,

What is the red felt for then?

Jock

Hi !

The red felt ist the "standard" felt, when the soldier bought this bayonet.
    The felt only was a protection of the mortise.
    This bayonet was not made for use in the field and, as you know, these are private purchased bayonets.

If the red felt means Artillery, 90%, (or even more !), of the Wehrmacht was an "Arty" ...

But:
    They´re also seen in white, brown, blue, yellow and green.

Rgds.,

R.

Quote by Reibert View Post
    Hi !

The red felt ist the "standard" felt, when the soldier bought this bayonet.
    The felt only was a protection of the mortise.
    This bayonet was not made for use in the field and, as you know, these are private purchased bayonets.

If the red felt means Artillery, 90%, (or even more !), of the Wehrmacht was an "Arty" ...

But:
    They´re also seen in white, brown, blue, yellow and green.

Rgds.,

R.
    R,

The 'Gods of war' do get around, I have found it on p124 of Wheeler's 'Seitengewehr'.

It states that it is WH general but lists some other colours that loosly follow the waffenfarbe. I guess it was optional 'bullsh~t' factor available when wearing private purchase items?

Regards

Jock

Quote by jock auld View Post
    ... I guess it was optional 'bullsh~t' factor available when wearing private purchase items?
    If you wanna term it in this manner, not in any case.

But there was no regulation, wich, (any-coloured), felt the soldier has to put in the mortise of his dress,bayonet.

BTW, not every soldier purchased a "dress-bayonet" ...

Rgds.,

R.

Quote by Reibert View Post
    If you wanna term it in this manner, not in any case.

But there was no regulation, wich, (any-coloured), felt the soldier has to put in the mortise of his dress,bayonet.

BTW, not every soldier purchased a "dress-bayonet" ...

Rgds.,

R.
    R,

Maybe I didn't state it clearly but yes that is what I mean.

There is no regulation but it appears according to the source quoted that it is an opptional extra that was available that roughly conforms in certain areas, (jager, flak, flieger etc) to the waffenfarbe. This may explain your other colours where by differnt manufacturers offered a similar deal?

Jock

Typically, when a felt insert is found on these slotted bayos, it' generally found in either green or red. I don't believe the color of the felt signifies any special delliniation.

I would believe someone adding a little bit of "creative history" to a piece to increase it's sellability. A great example is this: The Eickhorn Prinz Eugen saber. We all know it's a standard Heer pattern saber. That being said, at some point a number of years ago, a dealer or whoever, stumbled upon an example which was "vet acquired" and it retained an SS officer degen knot attached to the hilt assembly, in leu of the standard green/silver portepee which is the correct issued knot. From this point on, the saber became an "alternative" to the SS degen. Now, add to it the "Prinz Eugen" 7th SS Division, and you have now added a couple thousand dollars of value to the Eickhorn Prinz Eugen heer pattern saber. I'm not aware of documentation which suggest the Prinz Eugen saber was approved for SS use. I do seem to recall a period photo, black and white of course, which shows an SS man with what appears to be a Prinz Eugen saber. Beside this photo, I don't believe there is ANYTHING else which discussing the prescribed use and wear of that saber pattern by SS officers and NCOs, nor any other photographic/written document illustrating the Eugen in wear by SS men.

Long story short, take a decent 98K bayo, add a story to it, add an addtional $100 to the top, and now you have a standard bayo with a sales value of $200, rather than the $100 which is quite standard.

The Prinz Eugen story just illustrates some the techniques used to bump the value of an item. I believe the vast majority of contemporary collectors do NOT believe in the SS- Eickhorn Prinz Eugen connection.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast