Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WKC 1939 my first K98

Article about: Hi. Just picked this up yesterday. It's my first as I was holding back waiting for one in good condition with frog. The scabbard is not matching but has the frog and the 39 date had me pull

Default WKC 1939 my first K98

Hi. Just picked this up yesterday. It's my first as I was holding back waiting for one in good condition with frog. The scabbard is not matching but has the frog and the 39 date had me pull the trigger on it. It's stamped all over. 2 on the pommel, 1 on the press stud, 1 on the catch when you press it open(the catch is also numbered) and 1 half visible under the flash guard. I think I did OK.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WKC 1939 my first K98   WKC 1939 my first K98  

WKC 1939 my first K98   WKC 1939 my first K98  

WKC 1939 my first K98   WKC 1939 my first K98  

WKC 1939 my first K98  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WKC 1939 my first K98
    P
    Many

Great blade, looks like the bluing has survived well!...

Thank you. It still has the oil coating on it. I find the coatings they used back then have a distinct smell.

Hi Popcorn..congrats on a nice find. No worries that the bayo and scabbard are mismatched...that is very common to see that..and could of happened being lost in battle..and another picked up along the way. Yet it still has that history of being there. .

This will dress up nice a simple display of a German Helmet..Gas Mask Canister and an Iron Cross. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks Larry. I'm very happy with it.

Very nice, you will get more they are addictive and well priced compered to other collection pieces.

Quote by greatwhite View Post
    Very nice, you will get more they are addictive and well priced compered to other collection pieces.
    Thank you. I got this one so I wouldn't have to upgrade but I suspect you are correct. These blade can be addictive!!

?

Quote by greatwhite View Post
    Yes they are additive and just to start they come in different flavors of grips, Black ,Red/orange , Wood!!!!Makers! Years! Add to that the elusive "Grey Ghost"
    It just goes on!!!!! But I luv em!!!!
    Great looking bayonet Popcorn!!

Semper Fi
    Phil