Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

WOW! 3K for an SS Bayo, knot & frog

Article about: Saw this one pop up today on consignment with Tom for 3K....WOW! Wittmann Militaria #37591C SS Dress Bayonet with 'SD' Knot (SS 188/35 RZM)

?

Someone will buy it with SS Fever and who has money to burn.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WOW!  3K for an SS Bayo, knot & frog
    P
    Many

Hi Fred Thankyou for the reply on the use of Nickel siver..but on SA and SS daggers..I am aware of that..my question was more leaning toward the same time period and if a possible use of the same materials with the bayonets dating in the 1935 range. Just curious. Mac66 as well as my opinion are seeing pot metal also.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I can't fathom Why any dress bayonet from 1935 would be made from a cheap and brittle potmetal and plated over the top of it. Late war? Certainly...but I cannot see it being used in so early an era.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Wittmann is over price.
    500$ for a 3 piece luftchutz what a joke.

?

Quote by Rossi View Post
    Someone will buy it with SS Fever and who has money to burn.
    And that is enough to keep the high price trend going. It is a shame, but it is what it is! An over priced item that will sell and keep his prices out of the ordinary collectors hand.
    If it sat on the shelf for a year or so maybe the price would drop down about a grand
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Larry, I think that you, Mac66 and William are right on track with the later period (post 1935) pot metal dress bayonets observation , and you only have to look at some of the early HJ knives to see that Solingen was using iron/steel for hilts (that rusted) for confirmation. With the type of plating just an additional factor. As regards the money that some folks ask for this item or that: my father used to say - having money dosen't necessarily equate to brains, having seen guys fork over 35-50K or more for junk, some of it entirely postwar. And this is just the tip of the iceberg as there are other facts that come into play. Best Regards, Fred

?

Nice thread Gents will great observations, i like that!!
    Why would a SS contract number given for M33 daggers suddenly apear on a bayo ricasso?
    Nice attemp...but no more then that IMO....

Regards,
    Ger

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Nice thread Gents will great observations, i like that!! Why would a SS contract number given for M33 daggers suddenly apear on a bayo ricasso? Nice attemp...but no more then that IMO.... Regards, Ger
    Thank you! +1 .....

To add to the comments about this example, and also used as a source document arguing against the: “Olympic”, “DJ”, and other supposedly period aluminum hilted small knives having TR era symbols/themes, “RZM” marked letter openers, “SS” RZM Degens, and “SS” RZM saber blades etc. From an old thread on another forum, here is an excerpt originally taken from one of the period documents about the topic - with what it says as it regarded what was actually authorized in 1935 by the NSDAP:

JANUARY 16, 1935
    Bekanntmachung gemäß Artikel 1 § 5 des Gesetzes gegen heimtückische Angriffe auf Staat und Partei und zum Schutz der Parteiuniformen vom 20. Dezember 1934 (Reichsgesetzbl. I S. 1269). Vom 16. Januar 1935.

I. Uniformteile
    1. Bekleidungsgegenstände für die Politische Organisation der NSDAP, für SA und SA-Marine, für die SS, für das Nationalsozialistische Kraftfahr-Korps, für die Hitler-Jugend mit dem Deutschen Jungvolk, dem Bund Deutscher Mädel und den Jungmädeln sowie für die Deutsche Arbeitsfront:

2. Sonstige Uniformteile:
    a) Leibriemen mit einer Mindestbreite von 45 Millimetern, Schulterriemen, Sturzhelme für das Nationalsozialistische Kraftfahr-Korps, Koppelschlösser, Zweidornschnallen, Dienstdolche der SA und SS, Fahrtenmesser für die Hitler-Jugend und das Deutsche Jungvolk, ............................

b) folgende Ausrüstungsgegenstände, sofern sie für die NSDAP oder ihre Gliederungen bestimmt sind: Tornister, Zeltbahnen, Brotbeutel, Feldflaschen, Kochgeschirre, Trinkbecher, Spaten, Ersatzteile zu den vorgenannten Gegenständen.

Sämtliche unter I aufgeführten Uniformteile müssen sichtbar das Schutzzeichen des Reichszeugmeisterei der NSDAP tragen. Sofern das Schutzzeichen nicht aufgestempelt oder eingeprägt wird, ist ein Anhängezettel mit dem Schutzzeichen anzubringen.
    Die Erlaubnis zur Verwendung des Schutzzeichens der Reichszeugmeisterei der NSDAP wird den Herstellern von dem Reichsschatzmeister der NSDAP mit der Erlaubnis nach Artikel 1 § 5 Abs. 1 Satz 1 des Gesetzes erteilt.
    Die Anhängezettel mit dem Schutzzeichen sind von der Reichszeugmeisterei der NSDAP in München zu beziehen.

Berlin, den 16. Januar 1935.

Der Reichsschatzmeister der NSDAP
    und Generalbevollmächtigte des Führers
    in allen vermögensrechtlichen Angelegenheiten
    der NSDAP
    Schwarz
    Der Reichswirtschaftsminister
    Mit der Führung der Geschäfte beauftragt:
    Hjalmar Schacht
    Präsident des Reichsbankdirektoriums

Best Regards, Fred

?

Fred i think it may not be of any help what you just posted.
    I think 80% or more cant read/understand what the artical says unfortunate

BTW i like what it says, but im fortunate to be able to read AND understand German

Regards,
    Ger

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast