Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

WOW! 3K for an SS Bayo, knot & frog

Article about: Saw this one pop up today on consignment with Tom for 3K....WOW! Wittmann Militaria #37591C SS Dress Bayonet with 'SD' Knot (SS 188/35 RZM)

Quote by Frogprince View Post
    Briefly, Discussed at great length various times and places multiple authors have declined to put the RZM dress bayonets in their books for good reasons, and I've seen and examined the companion RZM marked SS saber and Degen blades that were made specifically for collectors "back in the day". However, there are legitimate SS marked frogs. But I think that you will have to take the RZM in that context out of the equation. Which is not to say that RZM marked frogs don't exist ................ having seen one example where some 'genius' put a fake RZM marking on an already valuable scarce Kriegsmarine frog - making it worthless. Best Regards, Fred
    Thank you. That helps clear things up. So to date a RZM marked period frog hasn't been proven.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

"Article and Price List No. 3 for Clothing and Equipment of the SS of the NSDAP" Published Munich 1 January 1938 by the Verwaltungsamt-SS .

B - Equipment
    item #464 Bayonet Frog @ 1.60 RM
    item #465 Bayonet Frog for Mounted Personnel @ 1.65RM

I have not owned a VA marked frog and have seen very few. Martin Stiles, of Hannah's Reich, had one for sale on his web site a year or two back.

The VA marked frogs were the ones that I had in mind, and they are very difficult to find. And even more difficult I think if you include their original (so-called) “commercial” non-military contract (ie: no Waffenamts) S. 84/98 combat/service bayonets.

With my Thanks to Gastvrijheid for posting the supporting documented information. Best Regards, Fred

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234