Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 German Bayonet Solingen

Article about: I need help grading this bayo. Was hoping someone could tell me what shape it's in or if anything's wrong with it. Any info on it would be great as well. Thank you!

Default WW1 German Bayonet Solingen

I need help grading this bayo. Was hoping someone could tell me what shape it's in or if anything's wrong with it. Any info on it would be great as well. Thank you!WW1 German Bayonet SolingenWW1 German Bayonet SolingenWW1 German Bayonet SolingenWW1 German Bayonet SolingenWW1 German Bayonet SolingenWW1 German Bayonet SolingenWW1 German Bayonet SolingenWW1 German Bayonet SolingenWW1 German Bayonet SolingenWW1 German Bayonet SolingenWW1 German Bayonet SolingenWW1 German Bayonet SolingenWW1 German Bayonet SolingenWW1 German Bayonet SolingenWW1 German Bayonet SolingenWW1 German Bayonet Solingen

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW1 German Bayonet Solingen
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: WW1 German Bayonet Solingen

A nice bayonet , it is a 1908 pattern issued with the Brazilian 7mm 1908 rifle and carbine . It is such an attractive bayonet with the swept forward quillion and brass mounted scabbard that some are still maintained in Brazilian armouries for ceremonial use .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

So this is a German Made, but Brazilian used bayonet? Was it used during WW1? Sorry for all the questions, I'm trying to learn the history of a few pieces I acquired yesterday and this is all fairly new to me.

?

No problem with the questions Yes this was made for export by Weyersberg , Kirshbaum and Co. in Solingen . Brazil fought with the Allies in WW1 and it would have been used in that period .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Great news! Thanks