Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW1-WW2 German trench knife?

Article about: I am not to sure if this is a REAL ww1-ww2 trench/boot knife. So I come here to get some help! The marking is quite warn off but it seems to have said "Gottlieb Hammesfahr Solingenfoche

Default WW1-WW2 German trench knife?

I am not to sure if this is a REAL ww1-ww2 trench/boot knife. So I come here to get some help! The marking is quite warn off but it seems to have said "Gottlieb Hammesfahr Solingenfoche" at some point.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1-WW2 German trench knife?   WW1-WW2 German trench knife?  

WW1-WW2 German trench knife?   WW1-WW2 German trench knife?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW1-WW2 German trench knife?
    P
    Many

Default Re: WW1-WW2 German trench knife?

It is not showing all what I wrote so here it is:

I am not to sure if this is a REAL ww1-ww2 trench/boot knife. So I come here to get some help! The marking is quite warn off.

?

I believe, its supposed to be marked 'Solingen-Foche' not 'Solingenfoche.'

Hi
    To me,the scabbard shape and leather are newly made.
    Can we see better picture of the maker mark?

Stingray

Here you go.

Hi 1SSLSSAHTEXASYOURUSERNAMEISWAYTOOLONG. I hope you can give us your first name as it is too much type for a reply. First I thankyou for your patience and for posting your request here on the forum..as per my request..I was heading out the door at that time. Thankyou. I feel the knife itself is authentic..but as stingray said that the leather and scabbard are not consistent with German Boot knives. Take a look into our K98 forum as there are many threads and photos with boot knives. I will move this thread to the K98 forum. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks Larry! Also my name is Mike.

Mike, The knife link posted below has the "Reibert seal of approval" (he is the "go to guy" IMO). And I'm sorry to have to say that I don't get the same impression with this one as the one that is posted there. And I hope that he will make a comment if he happens to see this thread. Regards, Fred

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...-knife-206875/

anyone else have some opinions? all is welcomed.

Im waiting for our Bootknife Guru Riebert to comment on it.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast