Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Amon Göth's Granddaughter Book

Article about: A new publication, "Amon My Grandfather Would Have Shot Me", written by the granddaughter of KZ-Plaszow Kommandant Amon Göth, is featured here in this BBC article. The writer, Jenn

?

Default Amon Göth's Granddaughter Book

A new publication, "Amon My Grandfather Would Have Shot Me", written by the granddaughter of KZ-Plaszow Kommandant Amon Göth, is featured here in this BBC article. The writer, Jennifer Teege, was given up as a child by Göth's daughter Monika Hertwig following a brief relationship with a Nigerian student. Teege's discovery of her previously unknown past was made in a library in Hamburg, as she browsed through a book that happened to be written by her biological mother, Monika Hertwig. This unusual story questions how she was able to deal with the burden of her past.

BBC News - My Nazi grandfather, Amon Goeth, would have shot me

JMM
    ?

Interesting reading.
    Thanks for the info, Carl

?

Amazing story.

whoops.

Might be worth a read that!....

No so unusual... Goth was a true SS man. A real sociopath. He would have shot almost anyone.

Hi Carl , that is one disturbing discovery for that young lady , it must have come as quite a shock! Her mother certainly gained her fathers looks , which must have been tough on her also , knowing her family history.It is no wonder that her mother kept this piece of family history firmly "locked away." Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi Carl , that is one disturbing discovery for that young lady , it must have come as quite a shock! Her mother certainly gained her fathers looks , which must have been tough on her also , knowing her family history.It is no wonder that her mother kept this piece of family history firmly "locked away." Leon.
    Yeah i thought she looked rather like him too!...

There is a documentary on netflix about Monika called Inheritance (2006) she goes back to the house where she grew up and meets the jewish prisioner that was chosen to be the maid in the house, she tells her all the horror stories and how her mom knew what was going on at the camp but chose to ignore it because she enjoyed the lavious lifestlye, monika's mom later commited suicide, and they show the hanging video of her father Amon, the first two attempts falied then the third one finally worked, very chilling docu, highley recommended.

?

Interesting read indeed.