Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

'Auschwitz, what was that?'

Article about: ask people about Polish-Soviet War of 1920, which saved Europe from the spread of Bolshevism

Default 'Auschwitz, what was that?'

"I had an operation once and the anaesthetist comes and looks at [the tattoo on] my arm and he says, 'What is this?' And I said, 'That's from Auschwitz.' And he said, 'Auschwitz, what was that?' And that was a young man, a qualified doctor," she says.

BBC News - Holocaust survivor Henia Bryer: Prisoner number A26188
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Default Re: 'Auschwitz, what was that?'

Doesn't surprise me. Damn disgrace.

?

Bloody disgrace!!! from an educated person too......An interesting read very sad like many of these stories we read & hear!!!.. This why we need to educate people!!!..All people are interested in is bo***ks & that is putting nicely!!!. Cheers Terry.

?

This is why General Eisenhower had the camps thoroughly documented so that in the future people would know the truth of what happened. Unfortunately not all are historians and truth becomes a casuality of time.

Interesting that the article mentions taking blood from the prisoners for use on the Eastern front. I would have thought that Jewish blood would have been deemed 'unclean' for use on German troops. I have never heard of this practice before.

There does seem to be a woeful lack of education on the holocaust. I for one was not taught it specifically in school. Although to be fair to them, one day they organised for a holocaust survivor, Helen Bamber, to come in and talk to us. Her talk was very moving and interesting, but unfortunately was wasted on 14 year olds. I had the opportunity to ask her questions but never did and have regretted it since. Although I have no idea what I would have asked.

Tempus Fugat "Time marches on"...

Ask a dozen people this coming week, the start/end dates of WWII and watch them struggle to remember, if they ever knew in the first place...

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Interesting that the article mentions taking blood from the prisoners for use on the Eastern front. I would have thought that Jewish blood would have been deemed 'unclean' for use on German troops. I have never heard of this practice before.
    Maybe this is what the prisoners "believed" was to happen with their blood... there were many rumours circulating the camps about any number of things. When one is cut off from the outside world such distortions were natural...or maybe this blood "harvesting" was perversely true.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Try and ask people about the "Holodomor" in Ukraine 1932. A lot more than 6 million Ukrainians were systematically starved to death on Stalin's order. I don't think many learn about this atrocity in school actually.

Regards, Lars

Not to get diverted, but Stalin really gave Communism a bad name... It should have just been called Stalinism? I just watched a program on German Russians the other night, who came from Germania at the behest of Catherine the Great, endured many hardships, then migrated again to the US, again to endure many hardhsips, but none so horrific as the ones who stayed behind, for in the 1930, Stalin's orders also starved millions of them. They were dying at the rate of one every 6 minutes...

It makes you ashamed of the human race...
    Last edited by Doppelgänger; 06-14-2013 at 07:23 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast