Early in 1942, from January to April, an external work detachment (Außenkommando), was formed using prisoners from the Stammlager (main camp) at KZ-Stutthof. The inmates, 21 in number, where transported to Neuteich (Nowy Staw) by narrow-gauge railway. Several SS guards escorted them to the site, where they were put to work loading and unloading compressed straw bales - numerous external work detachments of Stutthof were forced to perform agriculture work. In addition to the loading and unloading duties, the prisoners also compressed the raw material. Food was brought from the main camp to the prisoners who worked at Neuteich until the detachment was disbanded in spring 1942. Although no official camp records survived related to the Außenkommando at Neuteich, it is known that once the detachment finished its work, the prisoners were returned to the main camp at Stutthof. A former prisoner's account is noted as the only source for the limited information available.
Below are two attachments. The first, a map showing the location of Neuteich - Southeast of Danzig (Gdansk) and approximately 25km West of Elbing (Elblag) with the main camp at Stutthof also indicated near the Baltic coast and secondly, a contemporary image of the area itself.