MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bergen-Belsen Liberation Anniversary

Article about: Today, the 15th April 2014, markes the 69th anniversary of the liberation of KL-Bergen-Belsen. The camp, with its unique composition of sub-camps all located within its own boundaries, event

?

Default Bergen-Belsen Liberation Anniversary

Today, the 15th April 2014, markes the 69th anniversary of the liberation of KL-Bergen-Belsen. The camp, with its unique composition of sub-camps all located within its own boundaries, eventually became a collection point for thousands of prisoners evacuated from various other concentration camps. From a summer 1944 total of around 7,000 inmates, the camp population swelled to approximately 60,000 - most of whom were seriously ill, by the time the British forces arrived on 15th April 1945. Tens of thousands had died in the months leading to liberation, with thousands more passing, due to disease, after the camp was liberated. Following the evacuation of the site, the entire camp was burned down to prevent the spread of typhus. Throughout its existence, it is believed around 70,000 people died at Bergen-Belsen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bergen-Belsen Liberation Anniversary   Bergen-Belsen Liberation Anniversary  

Last edited by CARL; 04-15-2016 at 12:49 PM.

?

Below is a link to a video featuring footage taken after the camp was liberated.

WARNING!!! CONTAINS DISTURBING IMAGES

Belsen Nazi Concentration Camp Footage - stock footage - www.PublicDomainFootage.com - YouTube

A picture taken of the memorial at Belsen around 1969. Our regiment used to stop close to the site of the old camp on our drive up to the ranges at Todendorf. back then it was a very strange place to visit. You would enter the area where the mass graves are, and it was completely silent. Not a single bird would be heard.

I visited there in 1979. Yes it had an unmistakable eerie silence as if the birds knew what had happened there.

A very sad place and I am pleased I had the opportunity to pay my respects

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bergen-Belsen Liberation Anniversary  
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Great thread. A tour guide at Auschwitz told me the birds there have only started to sing again in the last few years!...

I was attached to the 722 Jager Regt German army 1979, there is land at the rear of the camp that we were on and remnance of old buildings ect, In the wooded area there are wooden crosses in the ground
    i asked what they were for and was told mass graves. We spent two days and one night in those woods, such a sad place.
    Dave.

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Great thread. A tour guide at Auschwitz told me the birds there have only started to sing again in the last few years!...
    That's not entirely true Gunny. Although one would certainly expect to see more, I have personally witnessed various forms of wildlife, including deer, at the Birkenau site for well over a decade.

?

What really burns my ass are the jerks that say all of the pictorial evidence is fake.
    That there has been a massive Jewish conspiracy that has manufactured photos, documents, etc.. That confessions of Nazi SS and others were achieved by torture and intimidation.
    That the numbers of people murdered in the camps were never more than 100,000 if that many. When confronted by such racist bullshit you feel stunned.
    You think how in the world can anybody deny the overwhelming evidence of the intentional starvation, torture and murder of millions of Jews, Gypsies, homosexuals, political dissidents, children, etc..
    Good God how can people be so idiotic? But there are those that are. They believe that the succeeding generations of Europeans have been brainwashed by a vast Jewish conspiracy to believe the fallacy of the work and death camps and use quotes from books written by idiots like David Irving and others to validate their bullshit and accuse those that contradict them of being Jews that are part of the world wide Jewish conspiracy of what they now refer to as the "holohoax". They claim a world wide Jewish conspiracy to destroy the Christian white race and parade around indignant and angry stating that they intend to save the world from the Jews.
    They claim the Rothchilds have 30 trillion dollars and are financing the conspiracy.
    Sound familiar ?
    The results being crazy bastards like the idiot that shot and killed 3 people in Kansas City a few days ago at a Jewish community center that weren't even Jewish, 2 Methodists and a Catholic, that kept shouting heil hitler after being arrested.
    Threads such as this are extremely important. Without this knowledge arrogant, pompous, crazy bastards will revisit the horrors of the Nazi Holocaust again.

Oh no! I hope this rememberence thread doesnt get deleted !!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

they will not be forgotten.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast