Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Concentration Camp Prisoner's Uniforms

Article about: Most of the uniforms were made in the textile workshops of some of the larger Konzentrationslagers, such as KL-Dachau, KL-Sachsenhausen or f.KL-Ravensbrück. The material differed slightly fr

Dom
    ?

Default Re: Concentration Camp Prisoner's Uniforms

Hi Adrian,

The first uniform is particularly well preserved .

Thanks for showing

?

Another example, this piece is part of the permanent exhibition at KZ-Gedenkstätte-Mittelbau-Dora, and belonged to a French political prisoner.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Concentration Camp Prisoner's Uniforms  

Here's one that sold on ebay last year for a hefty sum. There were some reasonably good close up pictures. I'm no expert on these so cannot say much one way or the other about authenticity.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Concentration Camp Prisoner's Uniforms   Concentration Camp Prisoner's Uniforms  

Concentration Camp Prisoner's Uniforms   Concentration Camp Prisoner's Uniforms  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Here's one that sold on ebay last year for a hefty sum. There were some reasonably good close up pictures. I'm no expert on these so cannot say much one way or the other about authenticity.

Regards,
    Tony
    I can not say anything about authenticity, but WHY would someone put that on?... That is a lot of money as you said, do these uniforms really demand that high of price?

Quote by AmericanKraut View Post
    I can not say anything about authenticity, but WHY would someone put that on?... That is a lot of money as you said, do these uniforms really demand that high of price?
    I’ve never seen another on the market, but in the case of this one it obviously did demand a price at that level. If this item is indeed genuine, as the seller’s guarantees it to be, I don’t see why a serious collector in this field would not pay that kind of money for such an item of obvious historical significance. Good ol’ supply and demand.

As to why someone would sell that, well, we’re only temporary custodians and eventually these items all pass into other hands. I along with many others have dropped some serious dough for items in our areas of interest that were important to acquire. And on those occasions I also thought to myself: you are mad to let that go! - and then counted my blessings that I was there at the right time with cash on hand.

Anyway, here’s another KL uniform set that was on display at a Polish militaria gathering about seven years ago here in eastern Canada. The photos were sent to me by a friend, and sorry that they are rather weak.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Concentration Camp Prisoner's Uniforms   Concentration Camp Prisoner's Uniforms  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Examples from permanent exhibitions at the following museum sites...

1. Gross-Rosen

2. Auschwitz-I, Stammlager (main camp)

3. A Belgian political prisoners uniform at Breendonk

4. French political prisoners uniform at KZ-Gedenkstätte Mittelbau-Dora

5. Konzentrationslagers Prisoner Insignia Identification Chart

Regards,
    Tony
    What I do not like about this jacket is the fact the inmate number seems to have been neatly machine-sewn onto the jacket?

If the number patch is machine sewn why not the red winkel which looks to be hand sewn? The number and winkel were both issued to the inmate at the same time. Uniforms were used by one prisoner and then reused by another when the original inmate had died, was killed etc. so unlikely to have had been issued with a pre-sewn number to which later a winkel was applied. I have not seen machine-sewn numbers such as this example before but however I do not claim any authority on camp uniforms.

Inmate numbers and winkels did seem to come pre-stiched together as this example I have clearly demonstrates, but again by hand rather than by sewing-machine.

I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

I’ve never seen another on the market, but in the case of this one it obviously did demand a price at that level. If this item is indeed genuine, as the seller’s guarantees it to be, I don’t see why a serious collector in this field would not pay that kind of money for such an item of obvious historical significance. Good ol’ supply and demand.

As to why someone would sell that, well, we’re only temporary custodians and eventually these items all pass into other hands. I along with many others have dropped some serious dough for items in our areas of interest that were important to acquire. And on those occasions I also thought to myself: you are mad to let that go! - and then counted my blessings that I was there at the right time with cash on hand.

Anyway, here’s another KL uniform set that was on display at a Polish militaria gathering about seven years ago here in eastern Canada. The photos were sent to me by a friend, and sorry that they are rather weak.

Regards,
    Tony
    Z danych zawartych w tzw. Księgach Pamięci - Transporty Polaków do KL Auschwitz z Krakowa i innych miejscowości Polski południowej

Caputa, Antoni
    b.1907-05-14 (Pietrzykowice), camp serial number-318, profession-odlewnik, remarksrzen. 1942 do KL Mauthausen, przez.

Z danych zawartych w dokumentacji transporów do KL Auschwitz ze Śląska

Caputa, Antoni
    b.1907-05-14 (Pietrzykowice), camp serial number-318, remarks-przen. KL Mauthausen, KL Dachau, wyzwol. 29.4.1945
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

I find seeing these very unsettling

Amazing photos, thanks for sharing!

I want to save up and visit the camps in Poland some day.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast