Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Concentration Camp Study Trip - Autumn 2016 - Auschwitz

Article about: Pleased to finally announce the destination for our next concentration camp tour, departing in early September this year. We return to the Auschwitz camp system, located west of Krakow in so

?

Default Concentration Camp Study Trip - Autumn 2016 - Auschwitz

Pleased to finally announce the destination for our next concentration camp tour, departing in early September this year. We return to the Auschwitz camp system, located west of Krakow in southern Poland. As ever, the tour will depart from the Prague area, this time heading east for a two day (with one overnight stay) study of the Auschwitz camp system. The study will go into greater detail than regular organised tours of the site and will include stops at various related points of interest.

Previous tours have generally taken in several sites but the sheer scale of Auschwitz demands its own focus, especially on a slightly shorter tour such as this one, hence the decision to return to the infamous camp this year.

Places will again be limited - a few have already been taken with flights booked, so if you are seriously interested in coming along, please do not delay. The organisation is well under way and more details will be announced in the near future. Any questions, feel free to send me a private message.

START DATE - TUESDAY 6TH SEPTEMBER (Prague)

TUESDAY AFTERNOON - Start of study

TUESDAY EVENING - Overnight stay in Oswiecim (Auschwitz)

WEDNESDAY - Full day of study followed by return journey (late night return to Prague)

Thanks,

Carl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Concentration Camp Study Trip - Autumn 2016 - Auschwitz   Concentration Camp Study Trip - Autumn 2016 - Auschwitz  

Hi Carl, should be a fine tour to this in famously harrowing KL, a camp that I really must return to one day. Leon.

?

Thank you Leon. A few guys have already booked but there are still a few places available should anybody else express serious interest. The sheer scale of the Auschwitz site makes it well worthy of further study, even after a comprehensive visit such as ours, so I can understand you feeing the need to return one day.

It was great to have you along when we visited last year.

Carl

?

Probably a week or so left before we close the door on this one...

If anybody does have a serious interest in joining us this time, please let me know asap as flights and hotels are all booked now so the tour will go ahead as planned.

Thanks to those who have expressed interest and especially to the guys who have booked - we look forward to seeing you in September.

Carl

?

Link to our new website addressing the tours available:

Welcome | www.concentrationcamptours.com

Quote by CARL View Post
    Link to our new website addressing the tours available:

Welcome | www.concentrationcamptours.com
    A very professional website Carl, and one that I hope will promote the fantastic work that I know you have undertaken for many years. For me it was a real blessing to go on one of your study trips and I sincerely recommend you and Martina to anyone interested in travelling to the numerous KL sites throughout Europe. Leon.

?

Kind words Leon, many thanks.

Just a quick post to thank Carl & Martina for a great few days touring the Auschwitz complex of camps, not just Auschwitz I, II & III but also two smaller lesser known sub-camps and especially the even lesser known tobacco building that was used to hold prisoners at the beginning - something that no official tour will take you to.
    Thanks also to the other member of the group, Rick, for making the tour a small knit but very friendly group who all seemed to get along well.
    Despite the dark subject matter, the beauty of such a tour is that you get to see areas of the camps that the official tours don't go near. During our 5 or so hours in Birkenau not once did we see an officially toured group of tourists go anywhere near Crematoria IV & V. They just seemed to stay within 1-200 yards of the railway lines down to Crematoria II & III.
    One highlight was that we found prisoner items still in the dirt at the Kanada complex, including spoons, a belt buckle and numerous buttons. We left them on a display that showcased other such items found by previous visitors so hopefully they were left alone by other tourists and were eventually placed within.

We also drove past the battlefield of Austerlitz on the way back to Prague and the monument there has to be seen to be believed with regards to the sheer size of the thing!

If you have yet to take Carl up on his offer to run a tour (and this was my second time) you really should consider going on one. They are just 2-3 days long and worth the time.

Concentration Camp Study Trip - Autumn 2016 - Auschwitz

Sounds like you had a great trip !!

I am there in November for the first time, I'm really looking forward to paying my respects

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Thank you for your kind words hucks, we appreciate that and are both glad the trip was both informative and interesting, in addition to being enjoyable at the appropriate times.

Thanks again.

Carl

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast