Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Concentration Camp Study Trip - Autumn 2019 - Auschwitz

Article about: Concentration Camp Study Trip - Autumn 2019 - Auschwitz We return to Auschwitz for a further study of the most infamous of all Konzentrationslagers. This visit will take place just a few wee

?

Default Concentration Camp Study Trip - Autumn 2019 - Auschwitz

Concentration Camp Study Trip - Autumn 2019 - Auschwitz

Firstly, a word on costs…

The study trips we operate are non-profit. Costs involved for visitors cover the travel expenses, nothing more.

We return to Auschwitz for a further study of the most infamous of all Konzentrationslagers. This visit will take place just a few weeks prior to the 75th anniversary of the liberation of the camp, thus making it an interesting time to see the site. Dates and details below:

Tuesday 19th November

Depart from Prague collection point and travel to our overnight stop near to the camp

Wednesday 20th November

Full day of study at the Auschwitz sites, including several areas previously not included in our study trips. Evening meal and return to Prague.

If you are seriously interested and have any questions, please let me know ASAP as there are, as ever, limited places available. We are also pleased to welcome back members who have been with us before.

Please note that this will be the only study trip we offer this year.

Carl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Concentration Camp Study Trip - Autumn 2019 - Auschwitz   Concentration Camp Study Trip - Autumn 2019 - Auschwitz  

Last edited by CARL; 07-28-2019 at 11:32 AM.

?
    Last edited by CARL; 11-23-2019 at 11:46 AM.

?

Oh I’m going to auschwitz birkenau next year

?

Hotel and flights already arranged for two returning members. Very pleased to welcome them back and look forward to catching up with them on the road. Limited time remaining if anybody else wishes to join us, please feel free to contact (via PM) for further details.

Carl

Carl, you do a fantastic job of keeping this important and very tragic part of history alive. We need people like you, so that the Holocaust deniers can never win.

Cheers,
    Steve

?

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Carl, you do a fantastic job of keeping this important and very tragic part of history alive. We need people like you, so that the Holocaust deniers can never win.

Cheers,
    Steve
    Thank you Steve, appreciate the kind words and your probity.

Carl

A must do trip - if you have the funds. I visited 15 years ago - very educational and emotional.
    Even to this day it is quite hard to fully take in what happened.
    I know now in the UK that many schools do trips to Auschwitz which is very good to keep these harrowing stories alive so we do not forget these times.
    Nick.

?

As you say Nick, many youngsters visit the site from the UK now, an excellent focus within the education system.

In the 15 years since your visit, the museum has changed a lot. The site has also seen a dramatic increase in visitors over the past several years, although this year numbers have settled somewhat.

Next year in spring I'm also going on a trip to Auschwitz with my school, I'm very glad my school does this every two years since last time I couldn't come , but I can't wait to see it (don't understand it wrongly lol) , but IMO one that is interested in WWII has to visit such a place at some point.
    Luis

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast