Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Concentration Camp Study Trip - Spring 2015 - Theresienstadt, Groß-Rosen, Plaszow and Auschwitz

Article about: Gents, my partner and I are leading a three day tour next spring, addressing several former KZ sites, ghettos etc. The itinerary details are listed below and a basic route plan is attached.

?

Today, 13th February 2015, marks the 70th anniversary of the liberation of Groß-Rosen, one of the sites we shall soon visit.

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/konzen...-rosen-523272/

?

We returned in the early hours of this morning. Thanks again to all who attended and helped to make the trip a memorable and at the appropriate times, enjoyable event. Look forward to seeing more of you and others, on future such trips.

The image shown in the attachment below was taken at the starting point, outside the former Gestapo HQ in Prague. Later, the tour party took in 8 concentration camps (inc. the Theresienstadt Camp-Ghetto) and various other related sites.

Regards,

Carl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Concentration Camp Study Trip - Spring 2015 - Theresienstadt, Groß-Rosen, Plaszow and Auschwitz  

?

Now, where are the rest of the museum photos?? They had no original trinkets on display?

?

Quote by TrondK View Post
    Now, where are the rest of the museum photos?? They had no original trinkets on display?
    Patently, yes. I am sure that some of the tour party contingent will post related imagery at a later date.

Quote by TrondK View Post
    Here are a couple, but I did not take many of that "type" of image, mainly the camps themselves. It was a top tour led by a top gent! Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Concentration Camp Study Trip - Spring 2015 - Theresienstadt, Groß-Rosen, Plaszow and Auschwitz   Concentration Camp Study Trip - Spring 2015 - Theresienstadt, Groß-Rosen, Plaszow and Auschwitz  

Concentration Camp Study Trip - Spring 2015 - Theresienstadt, Groß-Rosen, Plaszow and Auschwitz   Concentration Camp Study Trip - Spring 2015 - Theresienstadt, Groß-Rosen, Plaszow and Auschwitz  

Concentration Camp Study Trip - Spring 2015 - Theresienstadt, Groß-Rosen, Plaszow and Auschwitz  

Who are the guys in the photo, are they all forum members? I know the one in the white shirt is you Carl, but who are the rest?? The guy in the shades (centre) looks like he's a Bond villian. I bet he lives in a hollowed out volcano.......

....somewhere in Norfolk.
    Last edited by big ned; 04-25-2015 at 03:08 PM.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

If the group will allow me, I'll post an (L-R) later Ned. There are three forum members present in the image, including myself...and, to the best of my knowledge, no Bond villains from Nelson Country

I must add, all the guys who attended the tour were great company and superb tour party members.

Carl, one day I hope to be on one of your tours mate, I have no doubt at all that it would be a fascinating and educational experience.

Im the one in the blue, I better not claim to be one of the better looking guys!

But, great trip, well prepared, information presented and delivered well by the number 1 guy 'Carl' really couldn't have gone better!

OK day one, Saint Cyril's Church and Theresienstadt Camp-Ghetto, Terezin.

Pictured below, as follows:

1) External memorial on wall of the church in Prague where the Heydrich assassins were eventually cornered and died.
    2) Approach to the camp prison grounds from the former ghetto.
    3) The National Cemetery, location of cca 10,000 victims.
    4) View of the rear yard and prisoner compound.
    5) The main entrance to the prison-camp.
    6) Entrance to Block-A, Yard-I
    7) One of the memorial sculptures at Terezín.
    8-9) External and internal views of the nearby Jewish cemetery and crematorium building. The crematorium was established by the SS in autumn 1942. Surviving documentattion recored over 30,000 bodies were cremated here.
    Concentration Camp Study Trip - Spring 2015 - Theresienstadt, Groß-Rosen, Plaszow and AuschwitzConcentration Camp Study Trip - Spring 2015 - Theresienstadt, Groß-Rosen, Plaszow and Auschwitz

Concentration Camp Study Trip - Spring 2015 - Theresienstadt, Groß-Rosen, Plaszow and AuschwitzConcentration Camp Study Trip - Spring 2015 - Theresienstadt, Groß-Rosen, Plaszow and Auschwitz
    more to follow...
    Last edited by CARL; 04-25-2015 at 08:17 PM.

Day 2 Gros Rosen. Carl can be seen taking us through step by step using a fantastic model of the camp.

Pictured below, as follows:

1) Just outside the camp boundary, large stone blocks from the nearby quarry mark the entrance to the camp.
    2) The camp road and approach to the main gate building.
    3-4) Two views of the fencing and reconstructed guard tower at the site.
    5) The extensive model of KZ-Groß-Rosen, located within the visitor's building (former SS-Küche und Kantine)
    6-7) Two views of the adjacent stone quarry, where thousands of prisoners performed forced labour duties.
    8) The main gate and entrance building.

Concentration Camp Study Trip - Spring 2015 - Theresienstadt, Groß-Rosen, Plaszow and AuschwitzConcentration Camp Study Trip - Spring 2015 - Theresienstadt, Groß-Rosen, Plaszow and AuschwitzConcentration Camp Study Trip - Spring 2015 - Theresienstadt, Groß-Rosen, Plaszow and AuschwitzConcentration Camp Study Trip - Spring 2015 - Theresienstadt, Groß-Rosen, Plaszow and Auschwitz
    Last edited by CARL; 04-25-2015 at 08:06 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast