Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Digging at Auschwitz?

Article about: Have sent a complaint to ebay will let you know what they say when they reply.

Default Re: Digging at Auschwitz?

Certainly not condoning such a thing,but the question in My mind when I first saw that posting lot on ebay was "Rediculous! Dug at Auschwitz?? Says who-the Seller? I could dig up an old bolt from my backyard and say it came from Stalin's staff car. The seller's also listing one of the often seen bogus "concentration camp patches",but cunningly mixing in several genuine ID cards,etc. just to confuse the bidders. Such tactics are a time tested old method by people like House of Swords and Militaria and the like. It's My opinion that the seller is just trying to cash in on the morbid slobs who revel in this sort of heinous garbage,by offering bits of rubbish and debris (Some of that crap doesn't even Look like it's from the right period) and spinning a tale to go with them to lure in the idiots. What's next? Elvis's jockstrap?

Exactly. This is just a method to sell some garbage.

?

I've been digging on many European battlefields and see no harm in that, but a KZ lager is no place to digg, way off line.
    Treat those places with dignity and respect.

Zyclon,can you tell us a bit more about your member's name????

?

Seb it's ok i have already had a word about this name it should be getting changed !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

I've looked at that website more than once,and it's associated with several different "sellers" that all seem to be the same one. It seems to get bigger every time I look. The KZ "relics" all look,in My opinion,to be deliberately and ludicrously over-aged and while there seems to be a scattering of genuine items such as ID cards,post cards,etc,there looks to Me,anyway,to be almost pure rubbish being touted as genuine there. An Enormous amount that never seems to run out. For example,take a look at the "SS rings"-they're even openly stated to be made of "Sterling". See alot of "Sterling" marked silver from European WWII Era stuff,do you? Most Continental silver was marked either 835 or 800. The sellers of this stuff are all over the net,eBay and God only knows where all else. Down the road,we're all going to be seeing hoards of this garbage being offered for sale with "wonderful stories to authenticate them". Some of the stuff is just amazingly unbelievable-things such as a 70 year old bright red armband with the obligatory fake looking German ink stamp on it and the words "Einsatztruppe",supposed to have been worn by the execution squad members while they were driving around doing mass executions?? And,after looking at Countless KZ photos,just how many prisoners do you see wearing all of these marvelously complex Armbands being offered all over the place? Don't know about You guys,but I see alot of photos with small patches sewn onto their jackets,etc,but where were all of these things supposed to have been worn? Too much stuff-too "appropriately battered and aged to destruction looking"-and Wayyy too many outright fantasy pieces mixed in with the lots. Looks to Me like the future collectors will be arguing and cursing over this garbage for Decades to come...

In my opinion it doesn't matter if the items are from the KZ-lager or not.. Some-one who's selling relics (real or fake) with the title "digging at Auschwitz" has a real physical defect! No one should ever use such a title to sell their items/garbage.. This proves that the seller(s) doesn't have any dignity nor respect for the people that died or barely survived the holocaust... I question myself if these persons ever have seen any footage of what realy happened in these KZ-lagers during the holocaust.. If they had, they wouldn't have chosen such a "name" to sell their items/garbage or whatever!

cheers,

Too true. Sadly,I suspect that there will always be these morbid ghoulish types around,though-whether they collect Charlie Manson's sock dolls,Gacy's crude paintings,Holocaust relics or God only knows What all else. If it's death and suffering associated,Somebody wants it. I remember awhile back,it was popular to steal Tombstones-especially the Colonial-era ones from New England. I guess there's a pretty fine line that's not all that clear for Some people between grave robbing and archeology and collecting. To me and My mind,if it went in the ground with the person,it Stays with the person. Why would anyone want a ring,for example,from the hand of a long buried corpse? What are they going to do with it-shine it up and Wear it?? It's enough to make a person vomit. William

Well had no reply from ebay ! no suprise there ! and think the seller is still selling these things !! well it just goes to show how hipocritical ebay are they allow this to be sold but any nazi items they ban !! how can this be ???

It doesn't surprise me that flea bay didn't do a thing..
    I don't understand why they allow some-one selling items with a title like this.. But Wagriff is right, there will always be some morbid ghoulish type buying and selling these kinds of items.. They could use the money earned to buy some grey cells...Maybe then they will develop some common sence..

cheers,

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast