Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Digging at Auschwitz?

Article about: Have sent a complaint to ebay will let you know what they say when they reply.

Default Digging at Auschwitz?

I was just browsing through Ebay, and i noticed an ad saying "Auschwitz Concentration camp Holocaust dug relics WW2".

And now i am wondering:

1. Is it allowed to dig at Auschwitz?
    2. Why would anyone even think about digging at a concentration camp, that is just sick.
    3. What is your opinion?

Find Auschwitz Concentration camp Holocaust dug relics WW2 on eBay International Market, with worldwide deals on items in all your top categories
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Default Re: Digging at Auschwitz?

I wouldnt want to dig there. All the item listed are personal items. They should be kept there all atleast put in a museum inside the camp

John

?

1) No

2) Totally agree

3) This sicko wants his rear end kicking as does the bidder !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Here is some more of what the seller wrote:

"-Holocaust era dug relics

All of these items were dug in and around the Auschwitz-Birkenau camp area, now located in Oswiecim Poland. They were dug at
    various times from the 1980's until recently. The area, unlike the United States does not have such stringent measures on where to dig.
    Of course, one cannot dig directly in the allotted marked area now. The camp was so vast though that the property of the camp goes
    into the outlying neighborhoods. If you were to drive around you would see from the mapping that houses and vacant lots stand
    where parts of the camp one "flourished". It is quite amazing to the sensibilities of an American "relic hunter". There is even a transport
    train cart that lies vacant outside of the camp near what looks like broken down barracks are standing abandoned.

It is just quite different from America, where everything is cordoned off. Here there is still a chance to find history. Although you may have to ask someone if you can use there land for a small fee, great masses of property that was once used as Nazi killing fields remain untouched.
    I have been to Auschwitz and Birkenau many times and have seen this for myself. I have now developed a great interest in the relics
    and am importing them and plan on selling them in lots. I will be posting more lots similar to this one.

I cannot claim that all of these are directly from the holocaust though, but the items were dug from the land occupied by Holocaust prisoners. Items are sure to have fallen in the meantime. I am also unsure of what the tags would be used for because I do not believe prisoners wore tags. One thing is for sure, that is a Polish I.D. for a prisoner and those are German buttons.

Anyway, I believe that these items would be extremely interesting to own and to go through and
    try and clean up."
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

He digs what he likes, so he isn't so different from us.
    But selling it as vulgar souvenirs, this is realy a bridge to far for me.
    I always ask forgivenes from the fallen and treath nature with respect, when entering their battlefield and for some their final resting place.
    I realy love the WW2 history, I like reading the story's of the action's of a few good men who chose to fight for their or their country's convictions.
    Digging is my way of re-living history.
    That particular history I realy don't want to re-live. It's one of massacre and to me one of the darkesd pages in modern history.
    I wouldn't like to see that guy active here or anywhere. A trip to the chrink might help??

Steven

Well, my point of view is that whoever dug these relics is scum. I don't care what his reasons and care not a jot in the 'historical interest' that he believes they have. These people and their belongings should be left to rest in peace.

This is the fifth draft of this response. I had to delete the other four as they were too strong. But that's just me I suppose.

It seems to me that this guy is the type that wouldn't think twice about buying items, in the 1940's, that he knew had come from murdered civilians.

He should be ashamed of himself. Deeply deeply ashamed.

Steve T

i cant see why a military collector would even contemplate wanting the items surely they would just be day to day personel items of those poor people ,the seller should be ashamed of himself

?

Can't believe that flea bay are allowing it as they seem to pull many other things with Third Reich connections !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Digging them up for preservation is, at least in my opinion, a decent thing to do. It would be nice if he donated those items to the holocaust museum in Washington. Selling them on E-Bay is a pretty crappy thing to do though. I think we should all contact the seller and tell him our opinions.

It would be kind of cool if we bought the lot as a forum and then donated the items ourselves, just so that they're out of this scumbag's hands and out of the collector's market for good. Plus we would make headlines. : )

...or at least in D.C. anyway haha

?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Digging them up for preservation is, at least in my opinion, a decent thing to do. It would be nice if he donated those items to the holocaust museum in Washington. Selling them on E-Bay is a pretty crappy thing to do though. I think we should all contact the seller and tell him our opinions.

It would be kind of cool if we bought the lot as a forum and then donated the items ourselves, just so that they're out of this scumbag's hands and out of the collector's market for good. Plus we would make headlines. : )

...or at least in D.C. anyway haha
    Buying this stuff we'd make headlines alright !! Probably enough publicity to make us the most hated Nazi formum on the web

I take it you were joking right ??

1st July 1916

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast