Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Faces of SS Guards who worked at Auschwitz

Article about: Found this article and thought it would be proper to put the faces to the evil done. Faces of Nazi guards who killed a million Jews go online | Daily Mail Online Semper Fi Phil

?

Default Faces of SS Guards who worked at Auschwitz

Found this article and thought it would be proper to put the faces to the evil done.

Faces of Nazi guards who killed a million Jews go online | Daily Mail Online

Semper Fi
    Phil

Thanks for this.

Interesting to see Heer M42 caps with Panzer Deathsheads being worn by all these men.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Interesting to see Heer M42 caps with Panzer Deathsheads being worn by all these men.

Hello,
    Ade : if i'm not mistaking all these SS guys were given the Feldmütze to wear it just before their photo was taken.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

And none of them look like Aryan supermen. The Poles are a bit touchy about the suggestion their people collaborating with the Nazis. Clearly some did, as did others in occupied countries. But this is a good move to put the pictures on a internet data base for ongoing research and education. Many of these guards escaped any sort of justice after the war. Branding them as SS guards for all to see, like a public shaming, in a small way addresses that failure of the courts.

Does appear that they all have the same cap deservedly slapped on!

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Ade : if i'm not mistaking all these SS guys were given the Feldmütze to wear it just before their photo was taken.
    We had a discussion about this two years ago:

QUESTION - early tank crews skull used by ss members?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    We had a discussion about this two years ago:
    I didn't know this thread, thanks very much for this link, it's quite interesting
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

I do apologize if this has been posted previously. It was on the news website yesterday and I thought it of interest,
    I did take note to the headgear being worn, But thought this section was more appropriate for the subject matter vs Don't tell me they wouldn't have worn it..........

Semper Fi
    Phil

TWS
    ?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    And none of them look like Aryan supermen. The Poles are a bit touchy about the suggestion their people collaborating with the Nazis.
    As probably every or nearly every member here knows, the Third Reich had severe manpower shortages. The fitter, healthier, and younger males were directed to the frontline troops while the SS tried to fill KZ guard billets with older or less fit men and even those who were Volksdeutsche or not even German - just one instance: I saw one guard among those photos named "Nagy" which is a common Hungarian name. Additionally some disciplinary cases in the WSS or other branches of the SS were sent to KZ duty as a sort of punishment. Even further, some camps had contingents of Ukrainian guards for the rank and file with SS officers and NCO's supervising.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

?

And later, many Luftwaffe personnel were sent into KZ roles. At least one of them became a Lagerführer / Kommandoführer of a satellite camp within the Floßenbürg camp system.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast