Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forced Labour - An Exhibition

Article about: Recent visit to the international travelling exhibition by the memorial foundation of Buchenwald and Mittelbau-Dora, entitled "Forced Labour", during its stop in Prague. The exhibi

?

Out standing exhibition.

Agree great presentation! timothy

Quote by CARL88 View Post
    A sample of the large collection of related material on display
    Despite the reputation of the organisation behind the exhibition I am highly skeptical about the authenticity of the block of "OST" in regard the mechanical regularity of the registration cut marks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	748685
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Indeed, not everything on display is of the period. Some items were labelled as reproduction. Some of the documents and the large catalogue are certainly reproduction pieces, yet they still display well within the exhibition as a whole.
    Experienced guide and published author leading detailed study trips to the former KZ sites of Nazi Germany. Contact for further details.

www.concentrationcamptours.com

www.concentrationcampmoney.com

"maka akaŋl oyate maŋi pi ki le, tuweŋi wypeya oki hi sni"

Quote by CARL88 View Post
    Indeed, not everything on display is of the period. Some items were labelled as reproduction. Some of the documents and the large catalogue are certainly reproduction pieces, yet they still display well within the exhibition as a whole.
    I thought as much.

For those interested in such patches that occasionally come on the collectors market it should be remembered that rhe artwork tools of the day were the types of drawing instruments below:

Views:	2 
Size:	180.3 KB 
ID:	748690

Not these.....

Views:	1 
Size:	142.9 KB 
ID:	748689

...and these.

Views:	1 
Size:	162.3 KB 
ID:	748688
    Last edited by StefanM; 10-05-2014 at 03:22 PM.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

will look later,thanks Carl.

Thanks Carl, an interesting thread as ever. No change from Siemens in their attitude I notice! Still refusing to compensate the victims appropriately who built their multi-billion pound operation. Disgraceful and certainly one institutions "products" that I try to avoid. Leon.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

Great thread Carl
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see. - Winston Churchill

?

Thank you gents.
    Experienced guide and published author leading detailed study trips to the former KZ sites of Nazi Germany. Contact for further details.

www.concentrationcamptours.com

www.concentrationcampmoney.com

"maka akaŋl oyate maŋi pi ki le, tuweŋi wypeya oki hi sni"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12