Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Holocaust related movies

Article about: Yes Gunny, it is indeed a very well produced work - and accurate portrayal of the Sonderkommando at Auschwitz-II, Birkenau. I highly recommend the Nyiszli book too, which the film was based

Sounds good, I will have to check it out.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Evening gents, I have just watched Warsaw Ghetto, a true life based film about how Irena Sendler saved 2,500 Jewish children from the Ghetto before being caught and tortured by the Gestapo. A beautifully made film, with a superb soundtrack and in "band of brothers" fashion, the most important part, a filmed recollection from the wonderful women herself at the end. Irena has now past from this earth, but GOD bless her. Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Holocaust related movies  

?

Her story and indeed the movie, has been addressed on the forum Leon but thank you for adding this to the thread - most worthy.

Carl

?

There is another fine work that I have just remembered...last night, I watched "The Debt" for the third time - the version I saw was released in 2010/2011 (it is a remake of a slightly older Israeli work, "Ha-Hov") and stars Helen Mirren, Sam Worthington, Tom Wilkinson, Jessica Chastain and Ciarán Hinds. The story surrounds three Israeli special agents whose lives are turned upside down when the past comes back to haunt them.

THE DEBT: Every secret comes with a price...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Holocaust related movies  

Has anyone seen "The Zookeeper's Wife" ? It looks like it should be a good
    movie from the trailer.
    gregM

myself around.

?

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Has anyone seen "The Zookeeper's Wife" ? It looks like it should be a good
    movie from the trailer.
    Tomorrow night, looking forward to it.

For me, the best of all of the holocaust related films ever made, and one I did not see mentioned yet in this thread, is Judgment at Nurenberg. The last scene, when Spencer Tracy meets with Burt Lancaster after the trial is over, is to me one of the most powerful scenes in film. Jim G.

CBH
    ?

I have a question , when Spielberg was making Schindler's list I believe he started a project recording the Holocaust Survivors stories . Does anyone know how to access this database ? Thanks for your help .

La rafle (2010)

The Round Up (French: La Rafle) is a 2010 French film directed by Roselyne Bosch and produced by Alain Goldman. The film stars Mélanie Laurent, Jean Reno, Sylvie Testud and Gad Elmaleh. Based on the true story of a young Jewish boy, the film depicts the Vel' d'Hiv Roundup (Rafle du Vel' d'Hiv), the mass arrest of Jews by French police who were accomplices of Nazi Germans in Paris in July 1942.

La Rafle (2010) - IMDb

Holocaust related movies

Quote by CBH View Post
    I have a question , when Spielberg was making Schindler's list I believe he started a project recording the Holocaust Survivors stories . Does anyone know how to access this database ? Thanks for your help .
    Home/IWitness:Video testimonies from Holocaust survivors and witnesses
    gregM

myself around.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast