Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12

Holocaust related movies

Article about: Yes Gunny, it is indeed a very well produced work - and accurate portrayal of the Sonderkommando at Auschwitz-II, Birkenau. I highly recommend the Nyiszli book too, which the film was based

Conspiracy is an excellent film, indeed. The cast is universally strong, with the standout performance being that of Kenneth Branagh. His Heydrich is fiercely intelligent, charismatic, dominant, manipulative and with an ever-present underlying air of dangerousness even when he is superficially charming (actually, particularly in those moments). In my opinion, this is still the best filmic portrayal of Heydrich to date.

In case anybody was wondering; my choice for the close second-best would be David Warner (who is one of my favorite actors anyway) who played a deeply cynical and sarcastic Heydrich in the 1985 made-for-TV movie Hitler's S.S.: Portrait in Evil. It's not a perfect film, but he was just brilliant in that role. (In fact, he had already played Heydrich in Holocaust seven years earlier.)

Both men delivered fine performances and gave us impressive, intense, but nuanced portrayals of this character without making the mistake of turning him into a comic-book villain.

?

A long time since anything was added to this thread but the recent production detailed in the link below, is certainly worthy of a mention.

If you have not yet seen it, try to catch it.

The Zone Of Interest - Höss Family at Auschwitz

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12