Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Jewish Holocaust Star

Article about: I purchased this Jewish Star several years back from an auction house in Israel and I'm considering selling it. Would anyone be able to tell me it's value? Thanks for any help.

Default Jewish Holocaust Star

I purchased this Jewish Star several years back from an auction house in Israel and I'm considering selling it. Would anyone be able to tell me it's value? Thanks for any help.Jewish Holocaust Star

Default Re: Jewish Holocaust Star

I can't comment on it's authenticity. I know a huge amount of these are faked. I think Ade or Carl are your guys on this one.

Not a known variants by me. Closer pictures and back pictures would help. I personal do like the print and material. As well as the construction, originals have the same stitching style.

I admit i have no examples of these nor any experience of these but i don't like the fact it is cut right up to the borders,surely it would have fallen apart pretty quickly if it were 70+ years old and did'nt have either more material around it or folded over edges??

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    I admit i have no examples of these nor any experience of these but i don't like the fact it is cut right up to the borders,surely it would have fallen apart pretty quickly if it were 70+ years old and did'nt have either more material around it or folded over edges??
    I would have thought the same except that the one I seen in the Toronto Holocaust Museum looked the same. BTW, I've had a black light test done on this as well as a thread burn test and them were OK.

In that case it looks as though you have a nice period peice that was unused,well done!! I would keep it if it were mine!

I have two known examples, one been posted in a thread here. When time permits, I shall upload them. However you must remember there were several makers of theses stars.

Quote by Cruithin View Post
    I would have thought the same except that the one I seen in the Toronto Holocaust Museum looked the same. BTW, I've had a black light test done on this as well as a thread burn test and them were OK.
    Do you have a photo of the matching variant. Ushmm has many variants, yet none which match you font sadly.

No, sorry I don't. I didn't think to bring a camera with me to the museum. Just didn't feel right to be taking photos there. I know that seems a strange thing to say. But it was kind of like being at a funeral service.

?

If this is an original example, then in recent years it must have been cut from a roll of stars that were not issued. Those edges are very fresh in places, which is impossible for something that old. However, there are characteristics that this piece shares with known authentic examples - and if it has indeed passed UV and burn tests, then it bodes well.

What must be remembered is that although guidelines were in place, period images will show minor variations. Below is the closest example I was able to find in my archives. However, even that is not an exact match, but it should be noted not every authentic Jude star will look identical to the next.

Note for reference - Many genuine issued pieces also display backing.

Regards,

Carl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Jewish Holocaust Star  
    Last edited by CARL; 01-06-2017 at 12:58 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast