Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

"Jude" star of David armband for opinions...

Article about: Hi all. As I've never come across one of these before, and I know they're heavily faked, I thought I'd post this here for opinions before coming to any conclusions one way or the other. Plea

?

Default "Jude" star of David armband for opinions...

Hi all.

As I've never come across one of these before, and I know they're heavily faked, I thought I'd post this here for opinions before coming to any conclusions one way or the other. Please let me know what you guys think.

Thanks!
    Dzyner

The material and stitch pattern looks real to me as far as period armbands go. JMO.. wait for other comments though.

?

Thanks UKC. I appreciate the feedback. I agree about the period look of the material and stitching. I also like that it is multi-part (not simply printed onto the actual armband). I'll definitely wait for other opinions though - the more opinions the better, especially with something like this.

?

Here's another photos showing an extreme closeup of the stitching of the star to the armband background...

I am no expert on this type of armband, but have seen a lot of them in my time and all were fake/reproduction armbands. Is there any history to go along with this armband? If you are wanting my opinion I say 100% reproduction. And for the record I have a fake in my collection, I have it because my grandfather help to liberate a work camp during WW2.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Hi, There were many types of jewish armbands differing in color, shape, and size. They vary to represent different occupied areas, and sometimes status within that "community". Prisoner armbands are completely different yet. Same applies for color, status, job within the KZ, etc. etc. This being what everyone thinks the typical armband looked like, but this is not the case. From what I know, this configuration did not exist. [yellow star on yellow band]. Yes, the stitch type looks right, but this is a fake, possibly part of a movie wardrobe, and I am guessing this because of the quality and style in which its made, but still no, not original.

That makes sense to me.

I would never consider one of these to be original without rock solid provenance. Without any, I would consider it a fake. It is not the type of thing an individual would want to keep as a souvenir to remember their suffering. It is also not the type of item I would consider brought back as a souvenir by a soldier. I agree with everything posted by KEVIN 23.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Thanks for the feedback guys, I appreciate it. I expected as much (the responses), but as I mentioned I wanted to give it the benefit of the doubt. The current owner has a couple others as well, including a Belgium version and a Croatian version. I'll assume they are all repros at this point. Thanks again guys!

?

Poor design...modern construction...artificially aged...incorrect font...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast