Approximately 15 minutes walk from the location of Konzentrationslager Herzogensbusch, a major concentration camp established at the town of Vught near 's-Hertogenbosch, is the memorial for those who were killed at the execution site in the nearby woods.
Some 329 men, resistance members from various prisons, were brought to the site and shot by members of the Dutch SS who usually manned the guard towers at the nearby concentration camp.
The memorial cross was set in 1947, with further commemorative markers following later. Sadly, in 1995 and 1997, the site was the target of vandals. They defaced the memorial stones in a manner that led to them having to be replaced due to permanent damage - see the image below taken at the National Museum located on the former camp grounds. Other images show the modern memorial site and the surroundings.