Some images from an earlier visit to Groß-Rosen were posted last week, I shall now share some more images, this time from a study visit to Buchenwald, Weimar:
1. SS Guard detail, main camp.
2. "Blood Road" built by the prisoners.
3. V2 engine part. Built at Mittelbau-Dora, initially a Buchenwald sub-camp.
4. Zoo/bear pit with the Krematorium in the background. Built to amuse the Kommandant's children and the Buchenwald SS staff .
5. Cellar of Kommandant Karl Koch and his infamous wife Ilse's villa.
6. Main entrance as seen from the roll-call area.
7. Remains of the SS armoury, located near "SS Row", where the officers had their homes.
8. Execution room. Prisoners expecting to have a height measurement taken were shot in the neck by a hidden SS man.
9. Pathology room.
10. Main gate with slogan "JEDEM DAS SEINE" (To Each His Own, or figuretively speaking, You Get What You Deserve).
11. Remains of the railway station and arrivals area.