Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

KZ-DACHAU - Colour Liberation Images

Article about: by Collector121096 When i visited dachau i couldn't get over the trees running down the middle of the camp, in such a dark gruesome place i couldn't figure out why they would have such green

?

Default KZ-DACHAU - Colour Liberation Images

Below is a link to an article from earlier this year, featuring colour footage and images taken at the liberation of Dachau.

WARNING: GRAPHIC IMAGE WITHIN LINK!!!

The colour of darkness: Vivid pictures of first Nazi concentration camps give chilling insight into the dawn of the Holocaust | Mail Online
    Experienced guide and published author leading detailed study trips to the former KZ sites of Nazi Germany. Contact for further details.

www.concentrationcamptours.com

www.concentrationcampmoney.com

"maka akaŋl oyate maŋi pi ki le, tuweŋi wypeya oki hi sni"

The looks on the faces of these people is very sad, they just look exhausted. What a terrible nightmare they've been through.

Hi Carl , those are amazing images to surface after so long. I thought the image of that beautiful canal running adjacent to the fence highlighted the cruel "mind games" the Nazi's would play. A very sad and painful set of images , but an important find. Leon.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi Carl , those are amazing images to surface after so long. I thought the image of that beautiful canal running adjacent to the fence highlighted the cruel "mind games" the Nazi's would play. A very sad and painful set of images , but an important find. Leon.
    Hi Leon,

Thanks for your comments. The SS actually used water as an additional security measure at a number of camps and detention centres. In Belgium, Breendonk's moat was one such place - see image below, as was the canal system at KL-Herzogenbusch at Vught, Netherlands. Both are shown below.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BRN.EXT.jpg   BRN.OVR.jpg  

HERZ-FENC (3).jpg   HERZ-FENC (4).jpg  

Experienced guide and published author leading detailed study trips to the former KZ sites of Nazi Germany. Contact for further details.

?

One can only imagine the terror the people suffered at the hands of the Nazis.

?

Thanks for sharing!

?

wow. The color fotos make the viewing experience even more sad. The various markings stitched to the camp uniforms/etc are interesting though, along with the Yugo flag in that one pic.....

?

Thank you for sharing, interesting yet disturbing.

?

Thank you for your comments gents.

Yes Bill, the clarity of the images certainly allows for closer inspection of the various insignia and material.

When i visited dachau i couldn't get over the trees running down the middle of the camp, in such a dark gruesome place i couldn't figure out why they would have such green luscious trees, i know it sounds trivial if anything but when i learnt it was prisoners who planted them i saw it as ironic that a symbol of life ran down the centre of a camp that had so many connections to death. A bit random on this thread but i just saw the trees in the background.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IMG_8814.jpg  

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast