Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

KZ Watchtowers

Article about: KL-Herzogenbusch: The modern museum complex located at Vught, near 's-Hertogenbosch in the Netherlands has a reconstructed section of the camp, complete with several watchtowers. The vast ar

?

Default Re: KL Guard towers

Another view of KL-Buchenwald, taken from the remains of a former prisoner block. The guard tower can be seen to the left of the Krematorium building.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KZ Watchtowers  

?

Excellent photo collage of the various watchtowers. The winter photos are indeed poignant, far more so than images from a bright sunny day.

?

Quote by octavian View Post
    Do any of these KL towers have or had Heavy MG mounts?
    Although there are not any visible signs today, at least not visible from ground level anyway, there were MGs present in some of the watchtowers at Auschwitz-I, Stammlager (main camp).

Regards,

Carl

?

Another view taken near the Krematoria facility at Konzentrationslager Gross-Rosen, with the watchtower in the background.

?

Another view from KL-Buchenwald, this time showing a different form of Wachturm (watchtower) than the one from the same camp shown earlier in the thread.

Just picked up a great original photo of a guard tower at a Stalag PoW camp. This thread has inspired me to add "guard towers" to my photo collection...when they turn up

KZ Watchtowers
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Quote by TIGER88 View Post
    Next, KL-Breendonk in Belgium.
    These towers were manned with Heer soldiers.

?

Another image, this time a closer view of one of a Wachturm at Breendonk, near Antwerp.

?

Two further images taken during an earlier winter study at Auschwitz-I, Stammlager (main camp). Note the doubled electric fencing and high stone wall, which was also defended by barbed wire.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KZ Watchtowers   KZ Watchtowers  

?

KL-Buchenwald:

The Torgebäude (main gate building), with its watchtower / observation level. The first image, taken on the former Appellplatz (roll call area), shows the imposing Haupteingang (main entrance), with the Torgebäude structure and detention cells which are visible to the right. The second photograph was taken near the Krematoria facility, looking across toward the main entrance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KZ Watchtowers   KZ Watchtowers  

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast