Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Moving Exhibition of Children's Artwork from Theresienstadt

Article about: Some of the terms used within this BBC article are not entirely accurate, yet the focal point, i.e. the exhibition currently being loaned by the JMP (Jewish Museum of Prague), is a fascinati

?

Default Moving Exhibition of Children's Artwork from Theresienstadt

Some of the terms used within this BBC article are not entirely accurate, yet the focal point, i.e. the exhibition currently being loaned by the JMP (Jewish Museum of Prague), is a fascinating yet disturbing one. Very thought provoking...

BBC News - 'Haunting' art by Jewish children in WW2 concentration camp

Very interesting Carl!....

It is always more painful to see the evil of this world from a child's perspective in my opinion. Those beautiful children should have been blessed with many wonderful years of joy. As I have said before , the children's memorial at Yad Vashem in Jerusalem is one of the most powerful and heart breaking places I have ever been. GOD bless them. Leon.

?

Art such as this always saddens me.

Thank you for highlighting this exhibition Carl.

The painting by young Malvina Lowova, killed aged 12, who drew a family being deported under armed guard while farmers armed with pitchforks threaten them gives explicit lie to those who today say that "willing local helpers" were not involved in the Jewish Holocaust in German occupied Europe and such accusations are Jewish lies.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Some 15,000 or so children were deported to Theresienstadt. Over 99% were killed during the period.
    Last edited by CARL; 03-11-2016 at 12:03 AM.

?

The drawing by Malvina Lowova is haunting as it depicts a youngster with his family walking "Bravely" towards a rainbow of hope that never came true.. followed by a mob of people they probably knew well before the war.. May they rest in peace.. Thanks again CARL for another sombering and enlightend thread.... Gwar
    Last edited by CARL; 03-11-2016 at 12:04 AM.

bought tears.

?

Today, 8th May 2014, marks the 69th anniversary of the liberation of Theresienstadt.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Moving Exhibition of Children's Artwork from Theresienstadt   Moving Exhibition of Children's Artwork from Theresienstadt  

Moving Exhibition of Children's Artwork from Theresienstadt  

I would recommend Leon Leyson's book "The boy on the wooden box" if you all would like to read a child's perspective of the holocaust. He was one of Schindlers children and grew up to be a fine man who held no anger in him about his terrible past experience. A real inspiration to us all, he sadly passed away a couple of years back ,just before his book was published. Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Moving Exhibition of Children's Artwork from Theresienstadt