Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Not Long Ago, Not Far Away

Article about: NOT LONG AGO, NOT FAR AWAY - AUSCHWITZ, A TRAVELLING EXHIBITION Today, 27th January 2018, marks the 73rd anniversary of the liberation of the Auschwitz camps. The date is marked as Internati

?

Default Not Long Ago, Not Far Away

NOT LONG AGO, NOT FAR AWAY - AUSCHWITZ, A TRAVELLING EXHIBITION

Today, 27th January 2018, marks the 73rd anniversary of the liberation of the Auschwitz camps. The date is marked as International Holocaust Remembrance Day. Various commemorative events will take place at locations not only in Europe but around the world. In addition to the annual events, a new travelling exhibition, starting in Madrid, Spain, has opened. Over the next seven years, the exhibit will be featured in fourteen cities - seven in Europe and seven more in North America. The exhibition, displayed on 2,500 square metres at the Arte Canal Exhibition Centre, features more than 600 items, including fragments of a former prisoner barrack at Auschwitz-III Monowitz, the desk used by Kommandant Rudolf Höß, an original wagon as used by the Deutsche Reichsbahn for mass deportations during WWII and many personal items from the victims themselves, such as suitcases, eyeglasses or shoes. The exhibition will remain in Madrid until June 17th of this year.

Auschwitz Exhibition - Centro de Exposiciones Arte Canal, Madrid, Spain
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Not Long Ago, Not Far Away   Not Long Ago, Not Far Away  

Not Long Ago, Not Far Away  

Hi and thanks Carl, a very interesting exhibition, if it comes over to the UK I will try and get my wife and family to go, they may understand my "passion" for remembrance in this area a little more if they get to experience something like this first hand for themselves. Leon.

Bravo, Carl, thanks for your fine work here. What with the unhappy course of our world, your dedication to this task is very welcome, indeed.
    Greetings to Praha!

?

Thank you kindly gentlemen. On this of all days, it pays not only to remember...but to understand why we should do so. You both made this point with due reverence and for that, I salute you.

Quote by CARL View Post
    Thank you kindly gentlemen. On this of all days, it pays not only to remember...but to understand why we should do so. You both made this point with due reverence and for that, I salute you.
    Much good fortune to you in your work. You have our deep respect.

?

Last year alone, the Auschwitz memorial museum registered over 2 million visitors...

The number rises each year...surely at some point all this education should start to pay off..?

As of yet, seemingly we still await the general turn of mind...

Quote by CARL View Post
    Last year alone, the Auschwitz memorial museum registered over 2 million visitors...

The number rises each year...surely at some point all this education should start to pay off..?

As of yet, seemingly we still await the general turn of mind...

Whether the persons who go there really understand what they see, though, is the rub.

In fact, many do not, and in an era where propaganda is once more becoming the unsettling norm, it is little wonder why this fact is so.

The general turn of mind is backwards, a retrograde movement into barbarism and mass murder once more.

?

Sad but oh so very true...

Quote by CARL View Post
    Sad but oh so very true...

You know me to be brutal in my honesty, but we on this site have been in the vanguard of this struggle.

Your work here is exemplary. I salute you.

A world run by algorithms and suffocated in the naive belief that technological progress can erase human conflict is poised to destroy itself. Not Long Ago, Not Far AwayNot Long Ago, Not Far AwayNot Long Ago, Not Far AwayNot Long Ago, Not Far AwayNot Long Ago, Not Far Away

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    You know me to be brutal in my honesty, but we on this site have been in the vanguard of this struggle.

Your work here is exemplary. I salute you.

A world run by algorithms and suffocated in the naive belief that technological progress can erase human conflict is poised to destroy itself. Not Long Ago, Not Far AwayNot Long Ago, Not Far AwayNot Long Ago, Not Far AwayNot Long Ago, Not Far AwayNot Long Ago, Not Far Away
    Sadly I'm in agreement with you Friedrich, this is the age where even music normalises the gun as much as love. Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Not Long Ago, Not Far Away  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast