Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Pilviškiai Holocaust Site, Lithuania

Article about: I find that some of the most moving sites are those discovered by accident. In this case, I was driving from Saldus in Latvia to Kętrzyn in Poland when I just happened to see the marker

Carl: That looks to be an amazing work that you are justifiably proud to be associated with. Good man.

Regards

Martin
    "You will never know the whole truth" ~ Erich von dem Bach-Zelewski

Thank you Martin for such an informative and well presented thread. The time and effort you have put into this is very much appreciated by myself and many others I'm sure. Shalom, Leon.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

Pilviskiai is my ancestral hometown. My great grandfather was born there around 1860 and came to America around 1880. One of his sisters and her family are buried in this spot. Thank you for the pictures and I hope to visit this site one day.

Average Lithuanians participated in the Holocaust. Many bore an ill will against the treatment endured during the Soviet domination in 1940. Many were simply anti-Semetic and only needed an excuse.

Quote by cmarks175 View Post
    Pilviskiai is my ancestral hometown. My great grandfather was born there around 1860 and came to America around 1880. One of his sisters and her family are buried in this spot. Thank you for the pictures and I hope to visit this site one day.
    I am pleased that you like my post. I hope you do manage to visit this place and, I would suggest, that everybody should visit at least one Holocaust site in order to fully appreciate the gravity of the past.

Regards

Martin
    "You will never know the whole truth" ~ Erich von dem Bach-Zelewski

Watch this:https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hidden-...st-60-minutes/

Thanks to years of work by this Priest we now know that the murder of Jews was far more wide spread that imagines. The true toll most probably far exceeds six million.
    It you look at the ADL's statistics you will see that since the beginning of 2016 election the instances of anti Semitism have skyrocketed right here in the good 'ole USA. Possibly due to a notable LACK of political correctness... not because of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12