MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Plaszow Concentration Camp

Article about: KZ-PLASZOW Located in the southeastern part of Krakow, now the Podgorze district, the former ZALfJ (forced labour camp for Jews) later became a Konzentrationslager that would eventually hold

?

Quote by porta View Post
    Thanks again for posting Carl, as always an interesting read with good quality photo's.
    Thank you, I appreciate your words and am glad that you found the thread of interest.

People that see fit to graffiti places like this should be jailed and fined heavily...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Somber pics.

Another great thread of Remembrance! Good job Carl
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thank you Larry, appreciate your kind words, as ever.

What I find amazing with some of these locations...as some of them...there is hardly any remnant..left to know that it ever existed!
    You are able to put a face and identity on a buried past....if it were me..walking through there I would of thought just another field or a shell of a building desecrated with graffiti. Thanks again for all you do with this subject. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I found it incredible that someone could eat and sleep in Amon Goth's house. It probably should be purchased and turned into a museum. A forlorn site.

?

Quote by alexanderhistorical View Post
    I found it incredible that someone could eat and sleep in Amon Goth's house. It probably should be purchased and turned into a museum. A forlorn site.
    The house has actually been up for sale for quite some time. The condition and asking price are far, far apart...but one hopes that the eventual owner will indeed address the issue in the correct manner.

I was able to take these photos of the rear balcony when I was there a couple of years ago. I have often thought that the house would be an ideal location for a museum of the camp.

I would recommend the documentary "Inheritance" which is about the meeting of Monika Christiane Knauss (the daughter of Amon Goeth) and Helen Jonas-Rosenzwei (Amon Goeth's Maid)

A very interesting and moving documentary in which they visit this house.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Plaszow Concentration Camp   Plaszow Concentration Camp  

?

The James Moll film is a fine work. Both ladies, Mrs.Hertwig and Mrs.Jonas-Rosenzweig, had an understandably emotional meeting. The return to the site for the latter was patently a very difficult experience, as was the confrontation of her father's past for the former.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast