Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RIP Sir Nicholas Winton

Article about: RIP to a great man who saved so many lives and said nothing about it for 30 years. 'British Schindler' Sir Nicholas Winton dies aged 106 - BBC News Sir Nicholas Winton, who organised the res

Default RIP Sir Nicholas Winton

RIP to a great man who saved so many lives and said nothing about it for 30 years.

'British Schindler' Sir Nicholas Winton dies aged 106 - BBC News

Sir Nicholas Winton, who organised the rescue of 669 children destined for Nazi concentration camps, has died aged 106.
    Sir Nicholas, then a stockbroker, arranged for trains to carry Jewish children out of occupied Prague.
    The prime minister described him as a "great man" and the chief rabbi praised his "exceptional courage".
    He died on the anniversary of the departure of a train in 1939 carrying the largest number of children - 241.
    His son-in-law Stephen Watson said he died peacefully in his sleep at Wexham Hospital, Slough.
    Sir Nicholas brought the children to Britain, battling bureaucracy at both ends, saving them from almost certain death, and then kept quiet about his exploits for a half-century.
    He organised a total of eight trains from Prague, with some other forms of transport also set up from Vienna.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

RIP Nicholas and thanks for posting Jerry!..

Extra ordinary man. RIP. Made a good age. Stewy

?

Sir Nicholas was indeed a great man. Thank you for the post Jerry. Below is a link to the KZ/Holocaust related movies thread, where I have just added a link to the excellent feature addressing the wonderful work that Sir Nicholas did during those dark times. For those unfamiliar with his efforts, it is well worth watching.

May he Rest In Peace.

Holocaust related movies

106! Now that's a good run by any standards! For all that he did, it was finally time to go home! Well done,Sir Nick!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Sir Winton was a man of moral and physical courage saving the lives of the children. Not many like that at anytime in history.
    I am glad he was blessed with a long life and recognized for his work to save the children.
    An old Jewish saying that I have heard. " May the memory of his righteousness be a blessing. "

His death was covered this evening on American television news. It seems his deeds were lost to history until his wife discovered an old scrap book and made his deeds public. There were not many men like him at the time. May he and his deeds never be forgotten.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

What a courage that must have taken. A true hero. RIP

Well said, Bob
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

RIP Sir Winton.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast