Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp..

Article about: Outside again now and this is a shot taken from roughly the centre of the camp, just in front of the Soviet Liberation Memorial looking back towards the main entrance. A look back along the

?

Thank you for adding the link here and not just within the steel helmets forum, I appreciate that.

Carl

I went to Sachsenhausen a few years ago, we walked from the train Station to the Camp. We followed the small signs.

The same way the inmates went.

Very sad to see the houses near the Camp, all nicely cleaned and spick and span, it just didn't seem right some how.

Inside the main entrance/foyer there was a Chocolate & Drinks machine being "fixed" by a engineer.

Kids walking around eating and drinking, not a thought about being respectful.

I would describe some areas of the Camp as sinister, the Crematorium for one, was very harrowing.

I'm glad I went, just to pay my respects, leave a donation, and walk back the same way we came.

So many never had the chance.

?

Today, 22nd April 2019, marks the 74th anniversary since the camp was liberated. Below is a link to the official website with a photograph feature compiled from images taken during recently held commemorative events at the site. KL-Sachsenhausen held over 200,000 prisoners between 1936 and 1945. Tens of thousands died. The camp, eventually liberated in spring 1945, still held cca 3,000 sick and weakened prisoners when Soviet and Polish units arrived at the site. Hundreds more would die in the days following their liberation.

2019 - Gedenkstatte und Museum Sachsenhausen

?

Earlier this week, the 75th anniversary of the liberation of Sachsenhausen concentration camp was marked. A series of videos with survivors, officials and museum staff have been published through the museum website:

75LiberationSachsenhausen - Gedenkstatte und Museum Sachsenhausen

- - ------- - -

Earlier this week, the 75th anniversary of the liberation of Sachsenhausen concentration camp was marked. A series of videos with survivors, officials and museum staff have been published through the museum website:

75LiberationSachsenhausen - Gedenkstatte und Museum Sachsenhausen

As always, Carl. Thank you for posting these.
    The world should never forget what happened here.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6