Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

SS-Aufseherinnen: Female Camp Guards 1938-1945

Article about: There are some very evil looking women in this footage, they really do make your blood run cold. It is a real shame that some of these women literally got away with murder.

?

Default Re: SS-Aufseherin: Female Camp Guards 1938-1945

I'd be interested to hear what some of our uniform collectors feel about the label too, and indeed the clothing in general. Most Aufseherinnen served at more than one location, often as many as five KLs throughout the system.

Carl
    Last edited by CARL; 11-03-2016 at 09:51 PM.

Do the fonts used on the label look similar to other period printed labels?
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

I was going to start a thread in the SS uniform forum to discuss the uniform so as not to detract from this thread but I would prefer to wait until we have permission to use the photos before dissecting the clothing.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

For the SS I do not know, but for example for each individual such look-a-like tag was in use for the
    Reichsarbeitsdienst: first line name of rank; second line the persons name; third line the unit-number
    (see volume 5 for "Headgear of Hitler's Germany", page 281 for a sample of the tag with its dimensions).

?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I was going to start a thread in the SS uniform forum to discuss the uniform so as not to detract from this thread but I would prefer to wait until we have permission to use the photos before dissecting the clothing.
    A good idea Adrian. As the course of the thread has taken this route, it would be advantageous to allow our more learned cloth collectors to take a look at this uniform, should we be permitted to use the images. I've already requested the opinion of one such member, but a separate thread would indeed be beneficial. This thread shall continue to address other areas of course.

Regards,

Carl

A name label of similar style but much more unevenly inked.

Photo from Espenlaub website

additional information to post 34

Here is a sample from a 1939 regulation as for the RAD

?

Another point of possible note regarding the label shown above, is the abbreviation of the prefix to Ravensbrück, i.e. KL (Konzentrationslager). Quite often, one finds that Ravensbrück has f.KL (frauen Konzentrationslager / womens concentration camp) as a prefix, as shown below on this example of prisoner mail. That is not to say that the abbreviation on any label would be f.KL rather than KL, but it is somewhat noteworthy nonetheless.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-Aufseherinnen: Female Camp Guards 1938-1945  

Default Re: SS-Aufseherinnen: Female Camp Guards 1938-1945

Good point Carl, do you know when the "frauen" Konzentrationslager was dropped in common use at Ravensbruck?

I still have reservations about the evenness of the name tag inking as compared to the one on the gas mask...but I am no expert on German clothes labels.

Default Re: SS-Aufseherinnen: Female Camp Guards 1938-1945

hi guys,please but this is isnt a sarky question,,,,,,,but what where these women's jobs at these camps?,ive seen from the pics some where beautifull looking young girls,but some did look a bit evil.
    Did these women torture aswell?(which i suppose they did belonging to the ss)
    where they cleaners/cooks for the ss guards?if not who did there cleaning/cooking?
    i didnt even they had ss women in the war
    sorry for the thick questions guys,im only asking and learning.....
    many thanks adam

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast