Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

SS-Aufseherinnen: Female Camp Guards 1938-1945

Article about: There are some very evil looking women in this footage, they really do make your blood run cold. It is a real shame that some of these women literally got away with murder.

Default SS-Aufseherinnen: Female Camp Guards 1938-1945

Last edited by CARL; 02-02-2013 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Title adjustment
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Default Re: SS-Aufseherin: Female Camp Guards 1938-1945

The SS dog coat is very interesting

?

A well put together and interesting video, although there are mistakes - some of these women were actually from auxiliary units (telephone operators and such) and had nothing to do with guarding inmates in the KZ...but, thanks for posting it Nick. One of the women featured in that video is often identified as Hildegard Neumann, the image is not her...but Neumann actually managed to get away...she fled the Theresienstadt camp-ghetto at the end of the war and was never tried. She died last year, at over 90 years of age.

Regards,

Carl
    Last edited by CARL; 11-03-2016 at 09:34 PM.

Thanks Carl

She was very lucky !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Indeed she was a very fortunate woman Nick. Next time I am back home, I must remember to sort through my library as I have a very large book on Aufseherinnen which I need to look at regarding another matter anyway. The book is full of information and lists the history of the Aufseherinnen, so if I think on, I'll dig it out and hopefully be able to add something both interesting and useful to this thread.

Cheers,

Carl

p.s. I noted the well known image of Volkenrath in the YouTube clip, always been an image that spoke volumes for me. Cold is not the word...
    Last edited by CARL; 11-03-2016 at 09:32 PM.

Great, thanks Carl, I look forward that !

Nick

Wow Some tough looking babes

Sorry couldn't tell from th video but did they hang W.Klaff? She was the one quoted sticking two prisoners a day!

Hi Nick for sure it is unsettling,, ..Very Cold reminder , just watching the video and listening to the music. I feel these female guards were more ruthless and with something to prove more so than the male SS guards. Thanks for showing this! Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast