Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

SS Concentration Camp WHIP

Article about: Someone has this to sell, but I want to get some opinions before I negotiate a price. As you can see in the pics--supposedly it came from Dachau camp. I have NO idea about these, so I need s

Thanks for the thanks Youthcollector1.

As for the whip that started this thread, it Looks more like a French Martinet to me, which was once used to punish children in France.

Although in the 1946 Viking Press book about the 84th Infantry division there is a photo of two PW's in a room full of these identical whips , the caption to this is "In another part of Salzwedel [Konzentrationslager], two former American PWs inspected the collection of whips used by Nazi guards in a concentration camp. In this camp were 2700 Jewish women from eastern Europe and 300 non-Jewish women, political prisoners from western Europe"

Post war propoganda? Who knows.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Amen. For the life of me, I cannot see why we are still discussing this item after half a decade.

Talk about flogging a dead horse...
    Thank you. And on that note, the thread is now closed before we go down paths that should be discovered in other sections of the forum.
    Currently working on several KZ related projects, including items for the USHMM, Gro-Rosen Museum and various private concerns and studies. Available as a guide to KZ sites, contact for details.

"maka akaŋl oyate maŋi pi ki le, tuweŋi wypeya oki hi sni"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234