Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS-Mann Dog handler (Totenkopf) photo.

Article about: Evening gents, I have just come across what appears to be a very scarce and period original image of an SS Totenkopf dog handler? Now, if it is what I think it is, it is an image of evil! I

Default SS-Mann Dog handler (Totenkopf) photo.

Evening gents, I have just come across what appears to be a very scarce and period original image of an SS Totenkopf dog handler?
    Now, if it is what I think it is, it is an image of evil! I suspect this is a KZ/KL guard and his dog, the true animal not being the one on four legs!! The Agfa Borvira stamps to the rear look to be correct in, even shades and their levels (not wonky hand stamped fakes) and I think in the top left corner it is dated Dachau 1944?? but my German writing translation skills are not brilliant! Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated, Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-Mann Dog handler (Totenkopf) photo.   SS-Mann Dog handler (Totenkopf) photo.  

I do not think the locale is Dachau, although the collar patch is something, especially in 1944.

The reverse says: both smile, both look (in expectation...)
    then there is something to chew.

The text in the upper lefts corner does say "Dachau, im August 1944".

CBH
    ?

Interesting photo , is he wearing the Totenkopf "k" collar tab ? I couldn't zoom in .

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I do not think the locale is Dachau, although the collar patch is something, especially in 1944

The reverse says: both smile, both look (in expectation...)
    then there is something to chew.
    Thanks for your thoughts, I thought that the "flora and fauna" in the background did appear a bit exotic, but I just thought that this may be from a garden area such as the Camp Commandants premises. I recall Hoess had very nice gardens at Auschwitz and imagine these evil brutes never photographed themselves by the wires. Leon.

Quote by CBH View Post
    Interesting photo , is he wearing the Totenkopf "k" collar tab ? I couldn't zoom in .
    Hello Chris, I am not sure, it maybe a Standart 1 Totenkopf tab? Hard to tell. Leon.

Wow. Quite an image. Very interesting.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts, I thought that the "flora and fauna" in the background did appear a bit exotic.
    I noticed that, too. It doesn't look like vegetation that grows around here.

Another observation: The caption in the upper left corner is in different handwriting from the rest of the text; they were written by two different persons (or by one person who - for some reason - wrote one part in Sütterlin and one in modern script).

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    I noticed that, too. It doesn't look like vegetation that grows around here.

Another observation: The caption in the upper left corner is in different handwriting from the rest of the text; they were written by two different persons (or by one person who - for some reason - wrote one part in Sütterlin and one in modern script).
    Very true, odd to place such a provocative annotation to the reverse? I like the image/photograph itself as being a good original period piece. I also like the Dachau dated section, but the modern script does seem strange, almost like some sick minded joke, but I guess as we all know, the guy in the image was one sick, nasty piece of work so who knows? Leon.

I wonder what he called his dog.....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast