Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS-Sonderlager / KZ-Hinzert

Article about: The SS "special camp", aka concentration camp Hinzert, operated between 1939 and 1945, initially as a police detention camp. Later, it became a concentration camp following a perio

thank you Carl.

p.s what are the graves ???.

?

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    p.s what are the graves ???.
    Thank you, as ever, for your comment Harry. The memorial cemetery, with the graves you mentioned, is the resting place of those who could not be identified. Those who were identified were laid to rest in their homelands.

Hi Carl , I have only just seen this thread and I have to say what a wonderful job the administrators have done at the KZ. That museum is one of the most striking pieces of architecture at a memorial I have seen since Yad Vashem! A truly honouring tribute to the victims of that terrible site. Thank you for showing this KZ and informing me of the history and horror that took place here. Leon.

?

Hi Leon,

Thanks for your kind words, as ever, it is appreciated. Indeed, the Hinzert museum is something to behold. Not sure how many of the viewers actually noticed the image within the glass shown in the attachment below which I posted earlier in the thread - it is part of the interactive display. When inside the museum building, if you select this particular view, the image is projected as shown almost as if you were looking out onto the camp. Very impressive innovation.

Regards,

Carl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-Sonderlager / KZ-Hinzert  

Quote by CARL88 View Post
    Hi Leon,

Thanks for your kind words, as ever, it is appreciated. Indeed, the Hinzert museum is something to behold. Not sure how many of the viewers actually noticed the image within the glass shown in the attachment below which I posted earlier in the thread - it is part of the interactive display. When inside the museum building, if you select this particular view, the image is projected as shown almost as if you were looking out onto the camp. Very impressive innovation.

Regards,

Carl
    Simply STUNNING Carl , this place has literally taken my breath away. What a fantastic memorial , that I hope and pray the world gets to see in bigger and bigger numbers! Leon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2