Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Study of Holocaust Survivors Finds Trauma Passed On To Children's Genes

Article about: Study of Holocaust survivors finds trauma passed on to children's genes New finding is clear example in humans of the theory of epigenetic inheritance: the idea that environmental factors ca

An interesting study. Well worth larger studies if possible.

The thing I can't picture is what was used to masturbate the mouse with to get the sperm sample.

Yes. I am batshit crazy. But being an artist gets me a pass.

Very interesting research, I have no doubt it's true , seen a doco recently that talked about traumatic events and DNA but can't think of the name .

Thanks for posting .

I'm pretty sceptical about this, I think Andreas hit the nail on the head in that the stress is more likely passed on by a traumatised parent from an early age.

I have spent a bit of time with our own Aboriginal people, I have several blackfella mates and I don't believe that they carry any genetically passed down stress disorder. Some of them are angry and dislike us whitefellas but I believe that comes from what they've been taught by their parents and extended families and through their own personal experience and, of course, the history books - just as some whitefellas dislike Aboriginal people for many of the same reasons, because they've been brought up to dislike them.

My own family history extends to the nineteenth century here in Australia and quite a few of my ancestors were uprooted from Blighty, chained into the hull of a ship for a three month voyage to a penal colony on the other side of the world for a life of hard labour, in most cases to never see their loved ones again and I think I'm a pretty happy, well adjusted colonial that's not terribly stressed.

Just my thoughts, anyway time to go and beat the missus up!*

*just joking!

I hope this theory never gets accepted by the mainstream PC brigade otherwise we'll have great-great grandchildren claiming compensation for bad things that happened to their ancestors and the DNA damage the poor kids have suffered as a result.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    I hope this theory never gets accepted by the mainstream PC brigade otherwise we'll have great-great grandchildren claiming compensation for bad things that happened to their ancestors and the DNA damage the poor kids have suffered as a result.
    A bit like what's occurring now with the government of Jamaica pressing the U.K. for billions of pounds reparations. And before anyone starts, let's be clear here that's not me being racist, it's a fact.

Jamaica calls for Britain to pay billions of pounds in reparations for slavery | World news | The Guardian

Good luck with that one.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

There's a German video on Youtube called "Wie die Angst in uns weiterlebt"--"How the Fear lives on within us"--- Describing the lasting after-effects among those of the War-generation...I'm fairly convinced that this isn't a phenomena to be found among Holocaust Victims alone...An entire Continent was traumatized and focused on Feeding, Rebuilding and Recovering - which was bound to have an emotional ripple-effect upon their children growing up in rubble-strewn cities....

The Huns were a fairly nasty mob 2 thousand-odd years ago, I'm sure I have lasting effects of this, would anyone have the number of Atilla's lawyer?

My German Mother was born in 1947...her childhood was anything but enviable...Parents working their tails off to save every Pfennig in order to build a house and make a decent living for themselves, Christmas for my mother meant a bar of chocolate and an apron...Extreme Frugality was the norm. Running-Shoes for my mother in order to join the Track-Team? Too Expensive. A new bicycle like the neighbor's girl? Too Expensive, so they tarted up an old one for her...she ended up tossing that one into the Rhein from the Worms Rhein-River Bridge because she was too embarrassed, lol...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12