Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Warsaw Ghetto: A Survivor's Tale

Article about: Short but interesting video posted recently on the BBC site. Synopsis: Janina David was a nine-year-old girl when World War II engulfed Poland. As Jews, she and her family were soon driven i

?

Default Warsaw Ghetto: A Survivor's Tale

Short but interesting video posted recently on the BBC site.

Synopsis: Janina David was a nine-year-old girl when World War II engulfed Poland. As Jews, she and her family were soon driven into the Warsaw Ghetto, but she later escaped and remains one of its few survivors. She spent three years in the Ghetto.

BBC News - Warsaw Ghetto: A survivor's tale

Thanks Carl, but sadly once again an article about the Warsaw Ghetto omits the fact, presumably in ignorance, that not only Jews were forced into the designated Warsaw ghetto area but later also Roma and Sinti (Cygan or gypsies) from Poland and other countries.

Cygan women photographed in Warsaw 1941:

I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Really interesting Carl thankyou, I could watch things like that all day.

Best wishes matty

?

Indeed Stefan. The groups you mentioned are sadly often ignored, when it comes to remembrance and commemoration of the past.

A very moving interview. The piece brings home the personal tragedy of the Holocaust. it is almost impossible for the human brain to process the vast numbers of victims historically recorded as killed.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Great video!....

?

Sobering. Personal stories like this one always strike a cord with me.

what a beautiful lady.

Great thread...I confess I had no idea that Gypsies were in the Warsaw Ghetto...That strikes me as it's not mentioned in documentaries nor have I ever heard of them being mentioned by Jewish survivors...But then again, I just recently found out that there were rich people in the Ghetto along with restaurants while others starved outside...
    Once again the Forum shows itself to be a valuable source of scarce educational material...
    cheers,Glenn

There is colour film (movie) taken in the Warsaw ghetto which features a short scene of a Gypsy woman walking along one of the ghetto streets.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.