Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Zyklon B can opener?

Article about: by bigmacglenn1966 My German grandmother used one of those for years... cheers, Glenn I would also say it's just a can opener. I doubt they used special ones for Cyklon B.

Default Re: Zyklon B can opener?

The letter in the original post is dated June 1940, over a year before the first experimental gassing at Auschwitz in September 1941 whose victims consisted of Soviet PoWs and a group of Polish inmates so is not related to subsequent murderous use of Zyklon B in the death camps.

I agree with others this can opener is an old can opener and may have some "collectible" merit in that fact, rather than being associated with anything more sinister.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Just a period can opener in good condition nothing to do with nasty they used a large punch tool for the unthinkable.

Eric

?

The information mentioned in my earlier response:

Zyklon B was sold in sheet steel cans which were soldered shut at the factory. They were opened using a sharp circular cutter, specifically made for the purpose. The cutter was struck sharply once with a hammer - and could not be resealed later. Patently, once the can was opened all of the contents had to be used. The product was sold and priced according to weight (RM5.00/KG). The weight was always clearly marked on the label of the can - 100g, 200g, 500g, 1KG and 1.5KG.
    Experienced guide and published author leading detailed study trips to the former KZ sites of Nazi Germany. Contact for further details.

www.concentrationcamptours.com

www.concentrationcampmoney.com

"maka akaŋl oyate maŋi pi ki le, tuweŋi wypeya oki hi sni"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123