Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with porteepe and hangers

Article about: Photos of my Eickhorn 2nd Model Kriegsmarine Navy Dagger. This one is dedicated to dr73 (Danny), Gerrit & Larry C. You all had a hand in this one behind the scenes so thanks for your sup

?

Default Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with porteepe and hangers

Photos of my Eickhorn 2nd Model Kriegsmarine Navy Dagger. This one is dedicated to dr73 (Danny), Gerrit & Larry C. You all had a hand in this one behind the scenes so thanks for your support and assistance. Long story so I will just say a BIG THANKS and let the pictures do the talking. This Forum Group is the best out there with people who are relentless in providing countless hours of their time to help each other.

Cheers and Happy New Year!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with porteepe and hangers   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with porteepe and hangers  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with porteepe and hangers   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with porteepe and hangers  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with porteepe and hangers   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with porteepe and hangers  

"It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with porteepe and hangers
    P
    Many

?

OH THANKS A LOT!!!!! Now I have drool all over my keyboard...
    That is a stunning example. Just Beautiful!

Semper Fi
    Phil

A beautiful dagger that is wonderful to behold, especially when photographed this well

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Wonderful Dagger, and good photos!

Lovely dagger, Rossi. And now knowing the rocks are synthetic I can look at your blades in all their glory and not cringe

?

I know...I had to put my bud Dannys mind at ease at well. Not to geek out on rocks but I have a buddy T. Hagen who is a genius, artisan & sculptor who deals in cast resins. He works with indoor hotel and outdoor water fountains, landscape and water features. He did about 15-20 mock limestone and chilton stone replicas for me so I would not scratch my stuff up. They are as heavy as stone and even have texture as he casted rubber molds from actual pieces. He can cast base paint in the rocks and then airbrush and you will never know. He is very good. Actually have him working on a simulated Wehrmacht eagle for my display above my collection.

Quote by seventyeighth View Post
    Lovely dagger, Rossi. And now knowing the rocks are synthetic I can look at your blades in all their glory and not cringe

Man what a beauty. Wish it was mine. Thanks for the post

Wow very Nice Kirk..love the Logo .

2 trivia questions I have not asked in awhile

1. What is the little hook and chain thing used for?
    2. Why is there a button release on the dagger?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hey Larry,

I am not sure if I will pass this trivia test but I will try.

1) To my knowledge the smaller hanger has attached to it the: re-gain brass chain & hook. I can only assume it was for added security to enable the dagger to have another connection point to the belt assembly. Maybe to help reduce movement while being worn on uniform?

2) The spring loaded button releases the blade locking mechanism

I know theses buggers hung low on the tunic and got caught in doors which is why scabbards are usually dented. So I am not sure 1 or 2 have anything to do with this statement but maybe I will get an extra credit point or a free tinnie? Left over fruitcake from Christmas?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Wow very Nice Kirk..love the Logo .

2 trivia questions I have not asked in awhile

1. What is the little hook and chain thing used for?
    2. Why is there a button release on the dagger?

That is a great looking dagger, I love complete rigs, as for one of larrys questions I believe the release button is to keep the blade from accidently sliding out and sinking to the bottom of the sea, glug glug glug.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast