Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster etched dagger - Need Authentication

Article about: I would be very pleased to get some opinions about this K.M.Dagger. Thanks in advance, Ger.

Default Kriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster etched dagger - Need Authentication

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster etched dagger - Need AuthenticationKriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster etched dagger - Need AuthenticationKriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster etched dagger - Need AuthenticationKriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster etched dagger - Need AuthenticationKriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster etched dagger - Need Authentication

I would be very pleased to get some opinions about this K.M.Dagger.
    Thanks in advance,
    Ger.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster etched dagger - Need Authentication   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster etched dagger - Need Authentication  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster etched dagger - Need Authentication   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster etched dagger - Need Authentication  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster etched dagger - Need Authentication   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster etched dagger - Need Authentication  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster etched dagger - Need Authentication  
    Last edited by gwzglasinlood; 03-06-2019 at 02:00 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster etched dagger - Need Authentication
    P
    Many

Appears to be a nice EF Horster ...with sailing ship motif.

can you supply a few more pics of the scabbard and crossguard ?

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hello Larry,
    thanks for your reaction, hereby some extra pictures.
    With kind regards,
    Ger.

?

Hi guys,
    I am sorry, but I think I have only a bad news about this dagger.
    Best,
    Oleg.

Well Oleg ... Are you going to share the news??

?

Hi Stevade.
    Yes, of course. First of all the blade. With a sailing ship etching and a logo on the wrong side of the ricasso is the blade in my opinion postwar. The grip is not a Hörster one. I don’t like the crossguard as well, it’s also not a Hörster one. To determine of the scabbard are better pictures needed, but on the first glance I don’t like it too. That’s all is of course only my humble opinion.
    Best,
    Oleg.

Thankyou for the correction Oleg
    Gratefully to each their own strength in knowledge and collecting.

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Oleg

Here are other Hörster Kriegsmarine Daggers like yours ..... these are not post war fakes as the are advertised with some of the top well known dealers.
    Some with the catch and manufacturers trademark on the front of the blade, and some at the back of the blade.

Unless you know different?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster etched dagger - Need Authentication   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster etched dagger - Need Authentication  

?

Hello Stevade,
    unfortunately the fact that a dagger is on a known dealer's website is not a guarantee of originality.
    If you would have a look on the first and second pictures of the dagger with a logo on the backside of ricasso, you will see that this dagger has a crossguard not by Hörster. A release button has been replaced as well. The grip seems also not to be a Hörster one and it has been turned up. In my opinion is it not a good dagger. By the way, not the only one on this website.
    Best,
    Oleg.

It might be worth having a look also at Danny's thread "Kriegsmarine Dagger Collection" dr73 and post #46 for his Horster example.

Kriegsmarine dagger collection
    Last edited by Larry C; 03-09-2019 at 10:57 AM.