Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger

Article about: Hi guys, I would like to get some opinions on this KM before purchasing. Im not an expert on theese daggers, but would like to add a few KM to my collection. It looks unworn, beautyfull, lik

?

I think you are absolutely right ! It proberbly also comes down to, how many times has a dagger changed owner during the last 75 years via dealers and fool collectors who give the daggers a very rough handeling. It really hurts me to see how people on youtube or on exhibitions, throw the pieces around and treat them non respectfull (slowly destroying them)
    I can assure you that i am very carefull with my daggers, they are all wrapped in soft cloth and treated with ren-wax on every part of the daggers. They are also kept warm and in a non humid place (i have full ventilation installed in my house
    It took me quite some time to find this one, i belive the KM originally is the most “blingy” type of all the german daggers beeing guilded almost all over to begin with. Therefore i thougt it would be satisfying to own one whith most of its original apperance.
    Thanks Andersson for a good comment !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger
    P
    Many

Nice dagger - Congrats.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Very nice dagger .... I’ve collected daggers for over 25 years now.
    I have them displayed in a glass cabinet, I occasionally will get the odd one out, give it a dust off, then put it back in the cabinet to display, and to enjoy by myself and for others to admire!
    They have not deteriorated at all, as long as you are sensible, and don’t display in direct sun, and damp conditions they’ll be ok.
    I really can’t see any point in having a unique collection of Third Reich Edged Weapons just to wrap up in soft, wool clothes, and kept warm and put away in some humid controlled room so nobody can admire them.

?

You are absolutely right. Its how its stored for now, all locked up in drawers and wrapped in cloth, sleeping. BUT in a year or so, we will have a 16M2 room I plan to decorate with period desk, furnitue and displays. Sometimes our youngest boy wonders what im doing in there with measuringtape and paper...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2